So I was watching the Metallica documentary "Some Kind of Monster" and I noticed something strange about Lars: His hair keeps changing from his usual slicked back/receding hair line kind of style to the shaved/blond hairstyle.

At first I thought the makers of the doco just mashed some early footage of them making St. Anger with footage filmed towards the end but the continuity seems fine - except for his hair. Has anyone else noticed this and can they explain it.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
It's because Lars is made of Dutch magic, which aids in his hair growth. All hail Lars and his awesome drums!

And hair!
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
It's because Lars is made of Dutch magic, which aids in his hair growth. All hail Lars and his awesome drums!

And hair!

I really hope you're kidding.
Quote by Karvid

And hair!

- He's not Dutch, so thats one fail for you right there.
- You left a double space after the word "growth". I'll fix it for you. Have a second one.
- This is in the wrong forum I'm afraid, try the Metallica thread in the Metal forum.
Quote by severed-metal
No way. Lars Ulrich is the best drummer to hit the world since 1983. No one can ever amount to him. EVER.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Karvid

And hair!

if you are american, its excusable to be ignorant of other countries
I've noticed it but I never really thought or cared about it.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by severed-metal
No way. Lars Ulrich is the best drummer to hit the world since 1983. No one can ever amount to him. EVER.

This is just a lie, Lars is a crap drummer.
Some point in time, he changed his hair. Who cares when or how frequently. Lars is one of the worst metal drummers ever.
Quote by Valderama
Why haven't you christmasified your avatar yet Thomas?

I can't be bothered

I may do it later if I'm not too tired.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I can't be bothered

I may do it later if I'm not too tired.

With that attitude Santa will bring you nothing!
Quote by Mezzo4te
if you are american, its excusable to be ignorant of other countries

My whole post was full of sarcasm. I didn't actually mean anything I wrote. And, honestly, why should I even care where Lars Ulrich is?

I just checked Wikipedia and I found out he's from Denmark... if I have no interest in Lars Ulrich in the first place, what reason would there have been for me to know where he's from?

And calling all Americans ignorant just shows your own ignorance. Why do it?
You're accusing me of being ignorant (even though my comment was nothing more than a sarcasm), and then you're suggesting that Americans are completely ignorant.
Hypocrisy and ignorance is really mature

Edit: seriously, does nobody understand sarcasm? There has been at least one other person who has commented that Lars is br00tal or epic and then has added the headbanging smiley... how do people not understand the sarcasm in that?

And, as a seriously response to this thread: nobody actually cares about Lars' hair. It might be a continuity issue or that the scenes weren't shot in order... or anything really.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Dec 6, 2008,