Page 1 of 2
I'm going paintballing tomorrow for the first time and I need some tips and advice.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
wear a cup.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
If it's your first time, you might get "armor". If you don't, avoid getting shot at a short distance.

First time I went I got shot in the ass from about 3 meters away. Sitting down was unpleasant for the next week or so. Hell, I was lucky I was wearing jeans that day.
when you find the pressure vault .. open it 'till max

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by SpartanTHC
Do a barrel roll!

Was the Doctor all out of maturity last time you went for a check-up?

As for TS, just wear a few jumpers, it will give you a bit of an advantage, but getting hit in the hand is bad, so wear some gloves. Have fun!
DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR MASK FOR ANYTHING.
I remember this one kid got hit and he stood up, took off his mask and said
"Hey guys I'm ou-"
Thats all he had time to say before he was pummeled with paintballs.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by Valderama
Was the Doctor all out of maturity last time you went for a check-up?

As for TS, just wear a few jumpers, it will give you a bit of an advantage, but getting hit in the hand is bad, so wear some gloves. Have fun!

Lighten up dude.

To the TS, don't act like rambo, you will get shot. Stay down at all times and make sure you have a decent team. Flanking is the best option.

Get shot *once* you're out.
Quote by Gargantuan
DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR MASK FOR ANYTHING.
I remember this one kid got hit and he stood up, took off his mask and said
"Hey guys I'm ou-"
Thats all he had time to say before he was pummeled with paintballs.

One time my friend blindfired and shot the ref in the face.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
cheat .. "I wasn't hit ! "
*spits out pain*

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Once you get hit once, it's not that bad...

Unless you get hit in the hand or neck. I got hit in the back of the neck by friendly fire.
Ouchee.
Anyways, there isn't anything to worry about. Just shoot blindly - the guns are inaccurate anyway.
Quote by guitar4life24

One time my friend blindfired and shot the ref in the face.
I shot a ref repeatedly in the head because all I could see was his head until I realised the shouts of "****ing stop that!" wasn't from the voice of someone I knew
Also, 99% of paintball bullets arc like hell, so you have to aim like above the target, even then the chances of you hitting purposefully are slim.
Once, I nearly concussed a friend at paintball. Two of the enemy (including this friend and a ginger who was also a friend) were attempting to hide in the theater of conflict. With my position, I had a fantastic view of these mofos, specifically the fire-haired one so I did let lose. Unfortunately, the other friend had the crown of his head facing my direction and he proceeded to get a decadent amount of paintballs to his cranium. The referees had to stop the match and then proceeded to help him leave the game.

The game started again and I attempted to destroy the orange-follicled individual again.

I did feel quite bad at the time, but in hindsight, my position and accuracy was spot on, so I feel it was worth it.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by sashki
If it's your first time, you might get "armor". If you don't, avoid getting shot at a short distance.

First time I went I got shot in the ass from about 3 meters away. Sitting down was unpleasant for the next week or so. Hell, I was lucky I was wearing jeans that day.

hahahaha the first time i wet i jumped and shot some guy in the ass and he coudnt sit down for the rest of the day
-Jake Blackwood
Don't do a Barrel Roll, you can f*** up the piping from the CO2 Canister (?) but I think they can kick you out??? I've never tried it, but always ask 1st
My Setup:

Tokai LP Copy (Korean)
Peavey Classic 30
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
EHX USA Big Muff Pi
Aria 12-String Acoustic Guitar
Quote by Kumanji
Bring gloves, preferably thick ones. Getting shot in the hand is a pain.

Also, another pair of gloves to stuff down your trousers is also recommended.

Both of these. First time I was shot, the ball hit my nail and slammed my hand into the gun.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Getting shot in the crotch isn't desirable either.
Don't wear loose shoes. Last time I went paintballing my friend was going through this ditch bit.. was pretty muddy and his shoe never reappeared.

Other than that.. don't be scared. Once you're running about and getting into it it honestly doesn't hurt that badly when you get shot
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
1. Wear a cup.
2. NEVER take off your mask. Your mask will fog up unless you spent like 38479623 million dollars on it. Don't duck and try to whipe it off. Everyone will be in the same situation as you man.
3. Wear a baseball cap backwards!!! The beek of the hat will help protect the back of your neck. Also this hat will keep paint out of your hair if you happen to be shot in the head.
4. Dress in layers. You will get incredibly hot. So being able to take off a layer of clothing is very nice.
5. Don't cheat. Be a man, Do the right thing.
6. Always take a look over your shoulder everyonce and a while. To look for them creepers
7.Fap
8.Cum Blooood
9. ????
10. PROFIT (use as paintballls if you run out, it will be like a FLAMETHROWER)
11. See if neckguards are available. They are like about a centimeter thick and wrap around your neck and velcro at the back. They are a spandex like material and DO help alot if you do get shot in the front of the neck.
12. If your gun starts making several shots and weird sounds then it means that you are more then likely out of CO2. Just duck down and wait. You are now a distraction to the other team. When this happens it is ungodly loud and obnoxious. It will probably scare you too Hahaha. Expect some paint your way..
13. And lucky thirteen is HAVE FUN.
Quote by sashki

Armour!? Only girls wear armour!

I got shot in the hand from about two metres away five years ago and I still have a faint scar but that is the worst of it.

It won't hurt that much if you are a man, it just isn't smart if you go out paintballing in your boxers.

Being scared of being shot will be worse.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Last edited by SavageNights at Dec 6, 2008,
Remember Paintballing is exactly like Halo, just keep jumping and noone can hit you.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Last edited by Encyclopedia at Dec 6, 2008,
dude extra clothing is for pussies. actually any clothing is for pussies. real men go naked.

but seriously, just gloves is fine
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...
It really doesn't hurt that bad after you get over the fear of being shot.

Just play, and do rambo if you want... It can be fun, and if your playing with a bunch of other noobs too you can dominate that way.

-edit-

Yeah like the other dudes said, keep your mask on at all times and wear gloves. I usually wear a baseball cap backwards with my mask on, to protect the back of my neck a little too.

-double edit-

At my local fields there is a "walk or die" rule, where if you get up to someone really close you can shout "WALK OR DIE" and they can choose to either walk out of the game, or take the shots point blank and try to fight back. I can't tell you how many times I've been out of paint/air and intimidated someone into walking.

Just because your out of paint doesn't mean you out of the fight!
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER
Last edited by yellowshirtguy at Dec 6, 2008,
Oh I forgot its in the woods so any tips on that?
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by guitar4life24
Oh I forgot its in the woods so any tips on that?

Bring Napalm. It will take care of the trees. There for the opponent wont have anywheres to hide. You balls may melt and your gun may just shoot out a hot liquid glue.
Quote by Encyclopedia
Remember Paintballing is exactly like Halo, just keep jumping and noone can hit you.

Unless they have a fuel rod.

And spit on your visor before you put it on, believe me,
it works better than that anti-fogging rubbish.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Tight shoes, baggy pants, gloves are things I usually go for. Always keep your mask on, not sure where you are playing but if you are going to a facility, leave the mask on until you get out of the arena. I got nailed in the face by a unintentional paintball after I was out and took my mask off as I was leaving.
Split your team into two fire teams, and use one to flank them. Avoid getting shot in the head.
...Bleep Bloop...
Page 1 of 2