Poll: Do you make expressions while soloing or playing a song?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you make expressions while soloing or playing a song?
Hell yes!
65 77%
Hell no!
19 23%
Voters: 84.
So playing a show a bandmate started cracking jokes on the faces I make when I solo. I really never noticed it but paying a little more attention I tend to slightly lip the solos and make certain faces on bends, sweeps, and legato runs. They haven't let up on the jokes since then. But I notice ALOT of guitarists do this that are pretty famous and was wondering:

Do you make face expressions to the solos of songs or songs in general and when did you notice?
Sometimes but when using a wah my mouth kinda goes "WWAAAHH" along with it.
Who Said Anything About A Signature ? ಠ_ಠ
Yeah I do it all the time. For example: when I play something really heavy and slow I make this face

If I play something speedy and thrashy I do this

And when I try to play anything by Malmsteen I do this
Oh I never thought about wah faces yet.. I have a gig tonight I will have to check that out lol. I tend to use wah alot in legatos so it will be interesting
I scrunch up my face up on bends. That's about it. How much scrunching depends on the bend. So if I'm playing Sweet Child Of Mine, for example, the solo makes it fall off.
Quote by imdeth
Yeah I do it all the time. For example: when I play something really heavy and slow I make this face

If I play something speedy and thrashy I do this

And when I try to play anything by Malmsteen I do this

Fixed.

<_<

>_>
ALL the time.

I have like a wah-wah/chewing face. And I don't even realise it. Apparently it's horrible.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by metallicaboy27
Sometimes but when using a wah my mouth kinda goes "WWAAAHH" along with it.

This. I always do this, even if it's not intentional.
^Me too once I was jammin with my band and I was soloing (cuz me, the dual lead guitarist, and the bassist will yell at each other randomly to start soloing) and I drooled all over my hand and strings and I went to do a pinch and my fingers and pick were wet and the pick flew out and went into the bassists mouth lol

edit: 2 posts up, I got beat
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
When i really get into my drums, i end up biting down on the gums above my upper and lower lip. Sometimes when i get off i can taste blood.

Definitely not a good habit
When my band mates notice they make it sound bad - they always say I need to get more animated, so this would technically be animation.. The crowd kind of enjoys it too I think I mean why else would Herman Li always look like hes gonna give a BJ
I think I make subcontious faces, but I dont know... maybe I'll record myself, but then I'd feel obsessed with myself. well, I dont have to worry, I'm rythym guitar =)
I occasionally drool on my guitar aswell .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
It's not intentional, but yes, I do make solo faces. Some of them are quite funny, apparently.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Well, people have told me that my mouth moves with the notes I play, so I guess so.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
When i play wah i do the wow along with it and whammy i screech hehehe
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Not excessively I do in fact do a lot of face scrunching though
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

hell yeah I do.

it's mandatory!
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Yeah I do.... for drums but still I do it.

Apparently It's rather funny watching somebody hidden making stupid faces
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

How can you NOT do a solo face!? They're ****ing awesome
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
I do but I seem to do it alot more when my eyes are closed.
In diesem Herz hab ich die Macht.

Gear:
Fender MIM HSS Strat (Wine Red)
VOX Valvetronix VT20+
Kay K390 Acoustic