basically i went to my local guitar store that stocks peavey goods (its 20 miles away but as local as it gets) and paid a deposit on a Vypyr 75. i was told it would be in around early december. this was 3 weeks ago.
today i phoned the shop and they said Peavey are being slow about deliverys and not supplying stock on time and that i could get the amp in january. the way i see it is that Peavey know their product is better than any other modelling amps at the moment and people will wait for their product rather than go for line 6 or some other brand.
it just really pisses me off that i could get my amp 2 months after i ordered it
remember kids, you can't spell bass without ass

RIP Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan

Quote by _bacon_

Also, I would tap Helena Bonham Carter like a Van Halen solo.
Well yeah, But remember it IS Christmass time so u won't be the only one ordering something from Peavey.

Although i love Peavey, It does indeed suck to wait so long for it.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
I would have put no money down on it. I know places that have them in stock but that's here in the USA. I'd choose a peavey envoy over the vypyr anyway. It sounds more organic. The modern lead channel on the envoy sounds way more like a 6505 than the 6505 setting on the vypyr. God I hate modeling amps.
With the problems the Vypyrs are having, its probably a good thing your having to wait.
The firmware updater is still beta and their using the Midi inteface which requires purchasing a special cable instead of using the USB option they advertise for just that on the 75. Im sure they will eventually get the Vypyrs straightened out, but until then...
Quote by WARLOCK123
the way i see it is that Peavey know their product is better than any other modelling amps at the moment and people will wait for their product rather than go for line 6 or some other brand.
it just really pisses me off that i could get my amp 2 months after i ordered it

That sucks.

This isn't true, they just have too many orders and not enough inventory. It happens.

It's also not the best modeling amp. Call Peavey and ask them when the shop is due to get their next shipment.
Best modelling amp under $500, maybe. With the release of the new Vox Valvetronix amps next year that might be up for debate.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
thats bad, sounds similer to the situation ive been in with my 7 string
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
anyone know where I can get an 8 pin MIDI cable?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Billy Picken
With the problems the Vypyrs are having, its probably a good thing your having to wait.
The firmware updater is still beta and their using the Midi inteface which requires purchasing a special cable instead of using the USB option they advertise for just that on the 75. Im sure they will eventually get the Vypyrs straightened out, but until then...

sorry for being soo stupid but what is the firmware updater. tbh i didnt plan on using the midi that much

edit: imo it is the best modelling amp i can get. cos in the store they had the line 6 and roland cubes and vox amps that would have been an alternative. and i played all the modelling amps of those brands and compared them to the 30 watt vypyr, and i prefer the vypyr.

Quote by _bacon_

Last edited by WARLOCK123 at Dec 6, 2008,
When you order direct, it can be a huge pain in the ass. I waited months for my JEM to come, because I had to wait for the distributor to get a whole new batch in from Japan. And because they don't exactly sell thousands of those guitars a year, it took some time. I ordered it in February, and received it in... May? I don't know, but it took a while.
no
I ended up ordering a Peavey Valveking 112, and a month and a half later it still hadn't come, so we phoned the music store and it turned out that the guy at shipping accidentally put the amp on the floor and sold it. To pay for the 'inconvenience' the store offered to sell me the Valveking halfstack for almost 300 dollars off.
So you never know, you might end up getting a good deal.
Quote by WARLOCK123
sorry for being soo stupid but what is the firmware updater. tbh i didnt plan on using the midi that much.

The Vypyrs use a firmware updater that is used to install updates as they become available. Bottom line, to fix any problems (which many Vypyers have had) covered in the updates, you HAVE to use the MIDI interface to install them from a computer to the amp itself. You can go to the Peavey forums and use the search option to read up on it.
Quote by Faux~Affliction
I ended up ordering a Peavey Valveking 112, and a month and a half later it still hadn't come, so we phoned the music store and it turned out that the guy at shipping accidentally put the amp on the floor and sold it. To pay for the 'inconvenience' the store offered to sell me the Valveking halfstack for almost 300 dollars off.
So you never know, you might end up getting a good deal.

dude sweet deal there man u gonna buy it?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
yeh i had to wait 3 months for my vypr 30 but man it was worth the wait.
loudest 30 watter ive heard
Forgot to mention I had to wait four months for my VK and then paid almost double the price.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by captain pervey
yeh i had to wait 3 months for my vypr 30 but man it was worth the wait.
loudest 30 watter ive heard

You obviosly have not heard a tube amp.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass

Vypyrs are damned loud for SS amps. I never go past about 3 practicing to a track, and they go all the way to 13.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Billy Picken
The Vypyrs use a firmware updater that is used to install updates as they become available. Bottom line, to fix any problems (which many Vypyers have had) covered in the updates, you HAVE to use the MIDI interface to install them from a computer to the amp itself. You can go to the Peavey forums and use the search option to read up on it.

ahh. thanks

Quote by _bacon_

Quote by alternitivebass

haha what?
i own a hughes and kettner and have had a jcm 2000
so i know what tubes sound like
i ordered direct from sabian one time, and it took forever.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by captain pervey
haha what?
i own a hughes and kettner and have had a jcm 2000
so i know what tubes sound like

was there a reason you bumped this thread to make that comment?

it doesn't even have anything to do with the TS problem.

sorry man, but there is enough crap on here as it is.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

sorry man, but there is enough crap on here as it is.

A day and a half? How dare he bump this.....
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
A day and a half? How dare he bump this.....

Dude, it's January now and the thread is from December, it's over a month old.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.

sorry man, but there is enough crap on here as it is.[/QUO
scroll back and have a look before making comments
must be that time of the month
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

sorry man, but there is enough crap on here as it is.[/QUO
scroll back and have a look before making comments
must be that time of the month

I did scroll back, and I also happened to remember the thread when it was created a month ago.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
He's probably already gotten the Vypyr and returned it by now.

haha no way its for keeps
they did that to me with a valveking. i ordered it and waited...and waited...and in fact, the amp STILL has not come in over 3 months later. i think the owner of my local shop just canceled the order. too bad for them tho, my money went to fender

EDIT
lol yay for not reading the above posts and checking the dates!!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Last edited by bored_maniac33 at Jan 8, 2009,