so i started acoustic in middle school, but played it on and off until last year, when i bought a nice acoustic-electric. Ive been wanting an electric, and my bday just passed. so with that and xmas, things are looking up.

I want to play a lot of stuff, and try out for my schools jazz band. There are big amps at my school, so i need one thats fun and for practice. Unless i join another band, but i might be able to plug in to another amp.

i dont want really expensive stuff, but not bad either. like value packs, no one (not even my mom) wants me to get cause its "crappy quality". so here are some individual things i picked out, please help!

Guitar
-Dean Vendetta XM

Amp
-Roland Cube 15x
-Roland Microcube
-Kustum tube amp

The rest of the stuff are small things, cheap cables and strap, and a roadrunner gig bag.
I see nobody has replied yet, so here goes.

I checked out the guitar you're looking at. I'm always a lot suspicious of any guitar under $500. The build quality is usually less than perfect. The finish quality may be off, too, but that shouldn't effect your playing. Since you want to try out for your school's band, I'd really recommend that you look at buying something a little nicer. That doesn't mean you need to buy a PRS McCarty to carry to school, but something a little more expensive is certainly justified. Here's what I'd recommend - do you have a Guitar Center near your home? If so, go and play this guitar. Check out the quality. The frets shouldn't be hanging over the edge of the neck to catch your hand and fingers. The intonation and action should be good, or at least capable of being adjusted within spec. The pickups should sound good and the guitar should be easy to play. If it meets these requirements, then by all means get it. If it doesn't, then try to convince your mom that your birthday and Christmas are worth more than $119 and to buy you a better guitar. I wouldn't worry too much about the amp right now. For home use, the Roland Cubes are probably going to be good enough. Next year, you can hit her up for an amp upgrade.
I have the Dean Vendetta and the MicroCube and with some good EQing and experimenting the Cube can sound pretty good. But, if you want to jam with friends (drummers specifically), you may want a bigger (wattage) amp. I think the Cube 15 is missing a few settings, but if you can find a Cube 30 for used that will be good.

The Dean Vendetta is actually a very good guitar for its price range. It's pretty durable. Stays in tune decently well, and the fret access is good and the neck is nice and smooth.
what i dont get is that people keep telling me that the microcube is good enough now, and i can get a bigger amp later. but i can get a bigger amp now, for less money then the microcube. so why would i spend more money on an amp that i would want to upgrade sooner?
Quote by Skar578
what i dont get is that people keep telling me that the microcube is good enough now, and i can get a bigger amp later. but i can get a bigger amp now, for less money then the microcube. so why would i spend more money on an amp that i would want to upgrade sooner?

Because the microcube is better than th cube 15, the microcube has more models
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene