Yes but it wont be cheap. Its usually cheaper to find a guitar that already has one in it.
yes, but imo that would completely be pointless. If you spent $1000 on a guitar, and now want to put a Floyd on it, i would just return it.
About a month ago I also considered making a hole in my guitar with a Floyd Rose. It's just a cheap Washburn, with a TOM-bridge, but still. I was going to do it at a professional guitar-building shop, but after a few more weeks of thinking after I visited the shop, I figured it'd be better to buy a new one. I'm gonna get one with an FR for christmas instead of getting an FR into my current guitar, and I'm glad I chose not to make that operation.

You should think about it for a few more weeks, and don't do it yourself! I'd really say don't do it at all, and buy a new guitar instead.
You can, but the mod price will probably be more expensive than buying a midrange ESP with one already on. Look into the LTD F-250 or the M-200.
^lower end esp floyds suck monkey nuts. couple of bends and tuning is ****ed. return the strat and buy something with an OFR or jackson LFR.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
My guitar teacher has a Fender American Standard Stratocaster w/ an original floyd rose..

preety good, am sure you can do it
So even if I got a FR system off of ebay for 60 bucks, it still wouldn't be worth it to take the strat to my local guitar shop to install it?
a $60 floyd would be the biggest piece of crap ever.... And it wouldn't be worth it...i mean come on, a $60 floyd on an American Strat???
You can install a Floyd Rose on a strat but I would be very wary about it. The Floyd can easily make the guitar sound thin if the technician doesn't do the job very well.

If I were you I wouldn't risk it, it's an expensive guitar and you risk buggering up the tone and the playability.
Damn. I wanted to be able to do some stuff other than a little vibrato with the bar thats already on it. I'm still sticking with the strat, but is there anything I can do to get full use of the tremelo bar (as in not just be able to do vibrato)?
Quote by bsplayer2274
Damn. I wanted to be able to do some stuff other than a little vibrato with the bar thats already on it. I'm still sticking with the strat, but is there anything I can do to get full use of the tremelo bar (as in not just be able to do vibrato)?

Come to think of it.. there is a floyd rose style tremolo system available that is designed for a strat which does not require you to make hardly any alterations to the guitar and certainly no routing is needed.

Unfortunetly, I completely forget the name of it... somebody here should no what it's called.