Page 1 of 2
Jimi hendrix the king of the guitar for the short period in which he was famous is dead. But what would happen ifhe was still alive? Would he have sold out, got a signature strat, signature amp, effects and picks and then never play a show unless he was getting payed 6 figures? or would he have played himself to death? Would he have changed his iconic strats? and would he have changed his playing style over the years? what do you think?
i recon he's be classed as mediocre and so many people that bum him nowadays would complain about his style being boring and crap, and out of tune
i dont feel this way but...blues elitists love the dead guys
I think he wouldve at least got a signature strat, but i dont think he wouldve sold out and start being egotisitcal. I also think he wouldve kept his signature style, i also find it hard to believe he wouldnt have died sooner or later :/
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
welll he'd be about 60, and still rocking just as he is in heaven..
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by Thefallofman
All I know is if he didn't die you wouldn't have made this thread.
'sigh' that's it spoil it for everyone you tit head don't make me smite you with a plague of 1000 capos
Quote by rorypearce
"Orange amp owners unite"?

......form of... Tiny terror

Quote by CullenT
^

WIN!
Quote by marko'd
i recon he's be classed as mediocre and so many people that bum him nowadays would complain about his style being boring and crap, and out of tune
i dont feel this way but...blues elitists love the dead guys

Dumb
Quote by rorypearce
'sigh' that's it spoil it for everyone you tit head don't make me smite you with a plague of 1000 capos

Hey, I'm Mike.
If he didn't die, we would have had HELP: Hendrix, Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Just imagine. A progressive Jimi......
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Quote by rorypearce
or would he have played himself to death? ?

You could say he already did that once.

I think he would have been able to expand on his creativity a lot farther, I think he would be just as famous though.
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

He wouldn't be as iconic I'd imagine. He'd still play much like Bruce, the Stones, Clapton....maybe play during the super bowl halftime show, who knows?
Quote by dreams broken
welll he'd be about 60, and still rocking just as he is in heaven..

you mean hell, as much bad **** he did i figure he wouldnt be in heaven.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
what do you mean bad ****? he smoked weed yeah, but it wasn't like he was a murderer or a rapist?
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by therussian
If he didn't die, we would have had HELP: Hendrix, Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

Just imagine. A progressive Jimi......
Or a Hendrix + Miles Davis album.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
if jimi didn't die, then music would be a whole lot better than some of the crap we have now.
Quote by \KALEN/
if jimi didn't die, then music would be a whole lot better than some of the crap we have now.

I really doubt it. There are still a number of guitar legends around, but that's not helping the music scene too much.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by R.I.P.Jimi
what do you mean bad ****? he smoked weed yeah, but it wasn't like he was a murderer or a rapist?

well i dont mean just his drug use, i dont think weed is a bad thing either, he did do a lot more drugs than that though. he also got in trouble with the law and was kicked out of the military, among other things he did.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i think if jimi was alive that people would still worship him alot of players who like heavy metal and pyscho-delic playing sorta stuff jimi was ahead of his time thats why some people didnt like him i think hed be more popular now and the only reason hes a legend is becuz he died he'd be one of the worlds greatest guitarists but not a legend lol i love jimi !!!! lol
X DemnShctr X
Its kinda sad that so many people have to criticize and **** all over Hendrix. He wasn't out to became the worlds most famous guitar player. He just wanted to play music. Same with Dimebag, Randy Rhoads etc. These guys would just laugh at all this "OMGZ hE ss Overatesd SUCKa DnoNkey Ballzz" bull****,
I honestly did not expect this thread still to be open when I got home from work today.

(If the word order in that sentence seems funny, it's because I'm trying not to split infinitives)

If Hendrix were still alive, he'd probably be cruising the game show circuit. Maybe make an appearance on Jeopardy... probably have a B movie career with Bruce Campbell as directed by Sam Raimi. Have an on again/off again move career before settling into the grind of celebrity poker tours.
i dont really think it would make a difference...

don't get me wrong, i love hendrix, but alot of people take how amazing he was a little too far. there were (and are) plenty of guitarists from the 60's who played with just as much soul and technique.

the music industry wouldn't be any different, and people's musical tastes would still have changed, regardless of one musician.

dont get me wrong, he would still have been just as famous as he is now - clapton beck and page and keith are still incredibly famous, and his name would be amongst them, the legends from the 60's.

he'd have people knocking his style, just as much as people knock guitarists that are around today.

and he'd have just as many diehard fans as he does now too.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
He'd be a legend either way just like the Stones, Pink Floyd, The Sex Pistols, etc. If anything, his death made him become not as famous. Also, he'd be the man just like when he was young. People's beginnings never change. He was ****in' righteous, man.
The times they are a changin'.....
Quote by Italy's Finest
He'd be a legend either way just like the Stones, Pink Floyd, The Sex Pistols, etc. If anything, his death made him become not as famous. Also, he'd be the man just like when he was young. People's beginnings never change. He was ****in' righteous, man.

Actually, when a musician dies they usually become more popular, just look at what Brad's death did to Sublime (I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just stating what I think).
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
there'd be a loss of a marketing figure for target t-shirts. i do wish he would have been able to team up with miles tho, that would've been something to hear

Quote by wilty00
Aren't you kind of scared walking around in the dark with a carniverous loon on the loose?
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Actually, when a musician dies they usually become more popular, just look at what Brad's death did to Sublime (I'm not trying to be disrespectful, just stating what I think).

I'd actually blame sublime's popularity on good marketing and good songs being on that album. No one really knew about them before compared to all the new fans it brought in, no one really cared that brad died, so they went out and bought the new cd. At the time, most people didn't know who he was.
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by David_Bowie=GOD
well i dont mean just his drug use, i dont think weed is a bad thing either, he did do a lot more drugs than that though. he also got in trouble with the law and was kicked out of the military, among other things he did.

He actually faked being gay to get himself outta the military...and his law troubles were from drug troubles, but yes you are right he wasn't a perfect man.
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"
Quote by gir vs wild
he and john frusciante would have made the greatest album known to man

No. Just ... no.
He'd still be here..
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
What if John Bonham didn't die?
What if SRV didn't die?
What if Bon Scott didn't die? (AC/DC wouldn't be shit )
What if Brian Epstein didn't die?
What if Keith Moon didn't die?
What if Jim Morrison didn't die?
What if Brian Jones didn't die?

I can go all day (no I can't).
^ you forgot Duane Allman, Toy Caldwell, Ronnie Van Zant, Sly Stone, Rory Gallagher, and John Lennon.
I agree that you could do this for so many people and it is kind of pointless.

I think that he would have been sucked into the world of jazz, and played with Miles Davis and the jazz elite. At the end of his career (Band of Gypsies, and First Rays) he was playing more funky and earthy music, rather than the experimental. I think he would have just gone farther and ended up playing with different jazz musicians, which would be amazing to hear.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
^ you forgot Duane Allman, Toy Caldwell, Ronnie Van Zant, Sly Stone, Rory Gallagher, and John Lennon.
I agree that you could do this for so many people and it is kind of pointless.

I think that he would have been sucked into the world of jazz, and played with Miles Davis and the jazz elite. At the end of his career (Band of Gypsies, and First Rays) he was playing more funky and earthy music, rather than the experimental. I think he would have just gone farther and ended up playing with different jazz musicians, which would be amazing to hear.

Yes, many a person i could not be bothered typing out
Um......Sly Stone is still alive
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Page 1 of 2