I played an ibanez sr505 today and i really loved it.
one problem, being that it looks disgusting. i jus hate the warm, brown mahogany.
ive looked around on the internet, and it looks like it is available in transparent black in japan or possibly china.
Would you reccomend me getting one of those from some dodgy site on the net,
or support my local dealer, get less worked up about looks, and be confident about refunds if somethin bad happens?
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
it depends on how well the ibanez u played felt, its not about looks sumtimes...its about how it feels to U...
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
well it felt awesome, but it looked revolting. im into metal, and it looks... sophisticated jazzy, not aggressive inya face, nnnnnyyyaaaarrgggh! bass which the black one is
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
I have a feeling that, in time, you won't want a black one so much and will wish you'd gotten the pretty wooden one.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
If Infernus can use a Hagstrom for black metal you can definitely use an Sr 505 for metal.
Trust me, everyone goes through a metal phase. You'll either end up regretting getting the most br00tal looking bass on the market or you'll end up looking like the dude in that picture.

I'd just stick to wood finish. >_>
If you have have to have a metal version of the 505, get a K5 KoRn signature model
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by dreams broken
it depends on how well the ibanez u played felt, its not about looks sumtimes...its about how it feels to U...

you bastard coming in here with my avatar, i'll get ye

if someone can do metal with a natural finish Marcus Miller signature fender jazz bass i'm sure you can do it with a darker natural finish ibanez sr505
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
you bastard coming in here with my avatar, i'll get ye

if someone can do metal with a natural finish Marcus Miller signature fender jazz bass i'm sure you can do it with a darker natural finish ibanez sr505

Do I detect an Opeth fan?
Quote by RJayZ
Do I detect an Opeth fan?

nope, can't stand opeth, my metal fandom ends begins and ends with megadeth, i just remember seeing a pic on here a while back and i couldn't remember who it was
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Im in a viking metal band and im going to buy one of these basses, they are simply awesome when playing and there so small and light compared to my other bass, i do dislike the oval abalone fret markers, but it is the nicest bass ive played so i couldnt give a crap if it was bright green or orange, i'd still play it.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
ok, ill get it!!!
thankyou for your talk about getting over the 'metal phase' lol.
i am 15, and allowed to be angry now and then ;P
Quote by Daniel8488
Im in a viking metal band and im going to buy one of these basses, they are simply awesome when playing and there so small and light compared to my other bass, i do dislike the oval abalone fret markers, but it is the nicest bass ive played so i couldnt give a crap if it was bright green or orange, i'd still play it.

Does viking metal sound like, any different to pirate/nordish/general variations of power metal or do you just sing about pillaging and rapings?

Because the latter would be so cool.
Sometimes a little sophistication in a metal band can make you more appealing.
Think of it from a girl fan's point of view:
"brutal guitar, another brutal guitar, another brutal guitar, another brutal -HEY! That bassist is kind of original with his sexy/sophisticated bass. I want him!"

It all works out in the end.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
What happened to self-confidence instead of conforming in metal? You can use a short-scale Daisy Rock flower guitar for metal if you play it hard and play it with confidence. Hell, it's probably even more metal that way.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..