██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Horse and carriage racing.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by metaldud536
I thought churning butter was a sport?

It's in their olympic games. Along there with "Wooden carriage racing", "Pitchfork throwing" and "Staying frigid 100 meters".
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
Fixed... damn you
i've never seen the Amish playing any sports, but that is pretty cool. my street hockey team could use a good Amish man.
Quote by highvoltage66
see i don't know how he got there... i didn't see a horse and buggy in the parking lot or anything...

he probably just got a ride from someone else.
Quote by daytripper75
i've never seen the Amish playing any sports, but that is pretty cool. my street hockey team could use a good Amish man.

It'd be like in all the movies about hockey and soccer teams. You know the sucky team who finds a guy in the second half in the movie who totally turns their game around and have them win every match (except the second last match, for drama).
Quote by metalderek
I played Internet Checkers with an Amish guy one time.

+1

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by metalderek

lies the amish dont have time for your devil checkers!
Quote by stephen_rettie
lies the amish dont have time for your devil checkers!

I imagine the Internet thing would be a bigger problem, but whatever.

EDIT: On a similar note, isn't it somewhat paradoxical to set up Amish websites?
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
Quote by Kensai
It'd be like in all the movies about hockey and soccer teams. You know the sucky team who finds a guy in the second half in the movie who totally turns their game around and have them win every match (except the second last match, for drama).

that would be PERFECT!!!
Quote by roythereaper

EDIT: On a similar note, isn't it somewhat paradoxical to set up Amish websites?

Like this?
He wasn't Amish most likely. There are other sects like amish that tend to be more open.
Quote by metalderek

i c wat u did thar
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by roythereaper

It sounds like someone wrote it about their amish neighbors. It wasn't written by an Amish person though.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by Kensai

It's not drama.

It's magic.
lol see this is why i can't think of amish/quaker/etc as being anything but a big joke. they can ride around in cars these days and play hockey with im assuming modern day equipment bought in a store, they can eat at wendy's but they still have to wear a damn tuxedo thing in the summertime and have a huge beard. the women have to wear full out dresses in the summer and its so messed up. ive seen them driving in cars! i swear its just pointless these days. and i also see it as being very controlling and ridiculous.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
met an amish guy at college. he's pretty cool, dresses in skinnys and plaid shirts only. gives horse carriage rides to tourist. names Paul, also has a sweet beard
Quote by yellowfrizbee
lmao XxGloriousxX is a genius

Quote by Pinky19
You guys fail. Except for you Glorious. You win.

Once again.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I would shoot them to death yes, but trying to aim for non-leathal, hoping they live.

which one is it Guitarfreak777?
Quote by jordanzio
lol see this is why i can't think of amish/quaker/etc as being anything but a big joke. they can ride around in cars these days and play hockey with im assuming modern day equipment bought in a store, they can eat at wendy's but they still have to wear a damn tuxedo thing in the summertime and have a huge beard. the women have to wear full out dresses in the summer and its so messed up. ive seen them driving in cars! i swear its just pointless these days. and i also see it as being very controlling and ridiculous.

It is also their own choice. It's not like the Head Amish would put a fucking bounty on your head becauce you bought a pair of Converse shoes.
I once saw Amish group play baseball. I've also taken a photo of an Amish person before.
SOAS
Quote by Renka
It is also their own choice. It's not like the Head Amish would put a fucking bounty on your head becauce you bought a pair of Converse shoes.

no but im pretty sure people are born into it and shunned if they disagree am i not right on this? so it seems pretty controlling to me.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by jordanzio
no but im pretty sure people are born into it and shunned if they disagree am i not right on this? so it seems pretty controlling to me.

Yeah, but as long as you have a choice I don't see the problem.

EDIT: I don't mean to argue with you, I just presented my point of view.
The Amish guy won, didn't he?
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.