My budget is around $500-$600. I play a lot of metal (Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Suffocation, Kreator, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Racer X, Slayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, etc.). I want to find an amp that can decently find most or all of these various tones...I've been looking at VK's and Classic 30/50's but am not sure. I've also had my eye on the Bugera 6260 but there's a lot of durability/craftmanship issues with that. Any suggestions for an amp?
Last edited by BleakHarvest at Dec 6, 2008,
Peavey Classic 30 or B-52 at112 would be great. Also a used Mesa f-30, if you can find one...
mes f 30 would be perfect if you can find one.
bugera have a bad rap but give em a go, ive seen lots of companies having the same problems, its just the behringer thing that makes everyone assume it will fall to bits.

i have a b-52 AT, and its brilliant
Go Mesa if you are looking for more of the hard core sounds.
"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Obama

''Life's tough...it's even tougher if you're stupid.'' -- John Wayne
Quote by BleakHarvest
metal (Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Suffocation, Kreator, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Racer X, Slayer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pantera, etc.).

lol wut?

But seriously, look into a used 6506, a bugera combo, or if you don't mind SS a randall 50W.
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by schismed
Go Mesa if you are looking for more of the hard core sounds.

What do you mean? I don't play any hardcore/deathcore.

I want to go Tube because I might keep this amp for a while. Yeah Red Hot Chili Peppers, kinda sticks out in that list but they kick ass.
I meant metal in general but yeah Red hot Chili Peppers is one of my favorite bands, even if they're not metal.
Thread of utter fail thus far.
Get a used Peavey 6505 or Triple X.
A Bugera would work also. They arn't as unreliable as people make them out to be.
Peavey XXX, 6505, Bugera 333XL or 6262 would fit your style perfectly. Also check out a Mesa F-30 or DC-5.

I think you'd need to look for all of those used though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
nah man most of those bands have the old school marshall metal sound...a mesa just wouldnt do it...i heard someone said that the Classic 30 can achieve old school metal on its own...but get an OD pedal just in case
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)