I had some friends over last night for my birthday, and as a joke, a few of them gave me a bunch of money... in ones. One kid gave me 40 ones, one gave me 20, and one gave me 10. I now have 78 ones in my wallet. If I went to, say, Gamestop, and bought a game and took out 65 singles, would they accept it?

just wondering haha. Cuz I think it would be pretty funny but idk if they would accept it
GO YANKEES!
no sorry, american game stop stores stopped accepting singles yesterday
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Go to the bank and get it made into larger bills. The teller will think you're a stripper.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I always think the same

but paying with a 50 in macdonalds is even worse I guess

(because they can't count )
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
yeah, they'll accept it. The only time I ever had trouble getting money accepted anywhere is when I tried to buy a pack of smokes with unrolled pennies.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I would do anything to be in your sig, metaldud.

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by snipelfritz
Go to the bank and get it made into larger bills. The teller will think you're a stripper.

Haha, I don't know which one would be funnier.
GO YANKEES!
I was at a fast food joint onetime buying some lunch and I happen to have alot of ones. The dude taking my money happen to see them all in my wallet and was like hmmmm what are you planing on doing with all those 1$ now.
I used to work as a valet and then a pizza driver. Both jobs I'd get a bunch of ones as tips. Its super awesome when you have a handful of like $300. Now I have like no money.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Well, I've bought a ten dollar meal almost entirely with quarters, so that's 40 coins, and they accepted that (although they didn't look too happy with me, lol)...not at gamestop obviously, but its a similar situation.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Its not like you're paying in pennies.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
One time i paid for something with 16 dollars worth of pennies, so I think your should be fine.
I bought the Sims 2 when it was $50 in ones. It's not like stores stopped accepting money.
2006 Warwick
MASTODON
I payed for a $22 pizza in nothing but change. If they'd accept that, I think most people would accept singles.
I bought something for 10p with a five pound note, and the guy serving me was my friend so he gave me change in 5p coins. But jokes on him his till didnt have any coins left for the next guy
Ones are too large, change them to pennies. The smaller the better, then buy a game and take this HUGE sack of smelly coins up on the desk and say "there all there, I've counted them" or some.

We did that with a teacher to piss him off.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
They'll accept it in change. Ones really aren't a big deal.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by americablanco
Its not like you're paying in pennies.

my friend payed for his lunch in pennies once.
241 pennies. the line was so backed up that lots of people didn't even get to eat
Go to a strip club. Wait...how old are you now?
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
I was a waitress for a while and at one point I'd saved up $150 dollars in ones from my tips. I took it too the bank and exchanged it for bigger bills. I felt sorry for the teller.

I also used to pay for $20-$30 of gas with ones all the time. The gas station cashier wasn't too pleased.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
in canada its illegal to pay for anything over 25 cents in pennies...
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Quote by Century

LIES!

Some lady ahead of me at Tim Hortons paid for a coffee and a donut entirely in pennies, and she counted them out one by one, took forever
Quote by xander307
that wasnt scary daryldom, it turned me on

Proud Canadian Eh?
Quote by daryldom
LIES!

Some lady ahead of me at Tim Hortons paid for a coffee and a donut entirely in pennies, and she counted them out one by one, took forever

I think that if it is illegal it's one of those things that's never enforced, like in the US it's illegal to not accept any form of US currency, but most gas stations and convenience stores won't accept anything larger than a $20.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Century

If it's anything like the UK, it won't be illegal, but they can refuse to serve you if you pay large amounts in large quantities of small change (specific values vary per coin).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I was in Canada a couple of months ago and was using the last of my money (was on a rugby tour you see) and decided to go to Mcdonalds and get some fries, but paying with a 100 dollar note.

I found it hillarious, but the person behind the till didnt
Last edited by davido440 at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by Yanks4Life92
I had some friends over last night for my birthday, and as a joke, a few of them gave me a bunch of money... in ones. One kid gave me 40 ones, one gave me 20, and one gave me 10. I now have 78 ones in my wallet. If I went to, say, Gamestop, and bought a game and took out 65 singles, would they accept it?

just wondering haha. Cuz I think it would be pretty funny but idk if they would accept it

I payed gamestop $10.....in pennies.
They had to count it. They don't like me anymore.
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
My friend and I once went to speedway to buy some candy with nothing but nickels, dimes and pennies. We spent like 30 bucks, so we spent about 5 minutes stacking up coins and 'accidentally' knocking them over. The cashier was not happy.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."