Page 1 of 2
I was just wondering b.c. one of my coworkers was telling me how awesome it is. I also wanted to look at going to the Academy of Art to do marketing//advertising, but I really want to know how the area is since I'm really sensitive about bad neighbourhoods and all that. Visiting the campus isn't an option since I live in germany.

Enlighten me :]
♥xx♥

it's really expensive just to live there, and you probably can't afford to live in a nice neighborhood, unless you live on campus, that's usually pretty safe.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I thought you moved like...in april?

I've had cousins go down there, and they say it is a pretty fun city to be in. If the school has student housing, that would probobly be easier than trying to find a good apartment down there.
la is dirty and full of bad neighborhoods. theres some parts that are pretty ok, but as a major us city i was very very let down. lots of the areas surrounding la are cool, but la itself to me seemed like a big joke.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
I live about 35 minutes outside of LA. It's a cool place, but finding a decently priced home anywhere in a good neighborhood is just about impossible anywhere in Southern California. The majority of LA is like any other dirty, "populated by angry people" city. I like going there, but I couldn't imagine calling it home.
other than the tourist attractions and weather, every big city here is the same. you're going to have nice parts, youre going to have bad parts. you're going to have crime. bad food, good food, bad stores, good stores.
I went there this summer for the x games. we stayed in santa monica but we went to la too, it was great. nice weather, beach was great. surfing is a lot of fun too. also they have in n out burgers there, amazing. plus i didn't even see one wigger while i was there.
Haha I see mixed opinions x)

I know nothing about the US tbh :[

I've been there like, once after leaving in 94.
♥xx♥

my mom went there and got me a ****ty shirt that says los vegas on it :/
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I live in LA. I wouldn't live anywhere else but it isn't really as good as people say it is. the crime is slightly exaggerated, but it's still not great.
I went there on holiday and hated it, the "nice" parts all seemed so fake.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Haha I see mixed opinions x)

I know nothing about the US tbh :[

I've been there like, once after leaving in 94.

Most of the nicer areas are populated by people who are obnoxious and stupid. Most of the poorer areas are populated by conservative republicans.

That about sums it up.
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]^ Ah great, do you know about the Academy of Art or the area around it?

it's supposed to be the place to go if you want to be a top notch graphic designer, and i think people who build sets for movies and stuff go there too
[quote=""[It's Alex"]"]Mexicans smell and they scare me :[

You won't even smell them in LA, because the whole city stinks already.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Asides from being a really expensive area, it's pretty cool to meet people and places, there's a lot of street art, crazy people, multicultural vibes... You can find pretty much anything you are looking for in LA.

Oh and by the way... do you party?
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.
Not really haha since I have no friends but I bet the party scene down there is amaze.
♥xx♥

I live in the L.A. area, it's pretty cool having everything within a half-hour's drive. the city's cool, if you stay out of certain parts.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
i like it there. been there once. but one tip. SANTA MONICA SUCKS
Don't go there. I hate going up to LA, I'd much rather stay down here where I am at in San Diego.

The poor areas are HORRIBLE and everywhere, and the nice parts are really fake. San Diego is basically a smaller, nicer version of LA.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by blackflag49
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is based on LA.

And CJ is based on 50 cent.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
los angeles is really nice if you pay at least 1600 a month for rent. for that you get a decent two bedroom now because economy is ****ed. rent went down like 500 bucks a month. you gotta live near west LA, near hollywoodish to be in a good neighborhood. never want to leave LA. oh yeah. and all these people bagging on LA dont live in LA. they live around it. that tends to be the case. LA people love it, but people who live around it think it sucks because they never went to the richer side of LA like closer to beverly hills. everything you need is 15 minutes max of drive where I live.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Last edited by apak at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by zippidyduda
Don't go there. I hate going up to LA, I'd much rather stay down here where I am at in San Diego.

The poor areas are HORRIBLE and everywhere, and the nice parts are really fake. San Diego is basically a smaller, nicer version of LA.

Dude, San Diego is so much win, LA doesn't even compare. The whole city just has so much more character and personality than LA. There have been times before where my family has made the 2 hour drive just to go to San Diego and spend the day there because it's just that awesome.
compton is soooo much better and the people are realy nice
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
If you intend to mean Los Angeles, it should be L.A. ..., Try sending a letter to LA, it will wind up in Louisiana every time, or maybe even Lower Alabama, lol. F|_|CK LA.
LA sucks,you can live here in OC with me.
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Oh well, yeah the areas near West Hollywood/Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills (but come on guess what kind of people live there?) are what you should check out if you want a "nice" place... The Venice Beach area is really cool, full of buskers and street artists, Santa Monica is really close from Venice. But the place to be at night is the Strip.
UG's most Die Hard Rock n' Roller, hands down.

Sex, Drugs & Rock n' Roll.
Venice beach was the one place that I really liked when I was over there. The rest of it was fairly meh, and yes I was in the nice parts, it just seems a fake place.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
wasnt "welcome to the Jungle" written about LA?
Quote by RU Experienced?
See the FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU- thread, he's a God amongst men.

^^ about me

Confucius once say: "Women is like jazz music, 3/4 jazz time, 1/4 ragtime."

This is my sig, get over it. ಠ_ಠ
Okay, so I live in LA, go to school there actually and the main thing about living there is that you need to know where to go. Sure, there are bad areas like Inglewood, but you can easily avoid places like that. Areas like Brentwood, Mar Vista, Culver City, pretty much all the suburban areas, are actually quite nice. And then since I'm pretty sure you play guitar, there are tons of nice guitar shops (mccabes in particular) that are fun to go to. And of course, there's the sunset strip. BTW, I really don't get what people mean by "FAKE".
Well I'm from LA, and I don't really get what all the hype is about. Louisiana isn't that great.
Page 1 of 2