I know ohms effect your sound, but will a 200 watt head going thru a 800 watt cab stunt my sound? Its a workingmans 2004 going into a Carvin BR410N-4.
No. Overpowered cabs are actually recommended because they allow room for square-wave distortion that could theoretically occur with some malfunction.

The only thing is that if it's an 8Ohm cab and the amp's minimum impedance is 4Ohm then you won't be getting the full wattage out of it.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
Quote by Ivanator
No. Overpowered cabs are actually recommended because they allow room for square-wave distortion that could theoretically occur with some malfunction.

The only thing is that if it's an 8Ohm cab and the amp's minimum impedance is 4Ohm then you won't be getting the full wattage out of it.

It was a thing of the past where you had to have a bass cab that was rated a twice the handling power of the amp output.
With todays materials used in the manufacture of the voice coils that has ceased to be the rule; in fact, your speakers will be better off receiving a high power true signal than a small amp working flat out and starting to clip.
Remember an 800 watt rated cab will have voice coils designed to take 800 watts in theory so a 200 watt amp will get more energy absorbed trying to drive it.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
There both 4 ohm so i guess its a buy =D
The cabinet that is. Got my workingman for free.
Sadly i've read some reviews, and some say it suks, while others say its awesome. Not really sure about buying it now =/
Just watch out because serious underpowering of cabs can cause damage.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1