Here I am, sat in my room busting out some guitar after a few beverages, preparing for a fancy dress party this evening, when I thought. What would I be like if I decided never to pick up guitar?

I think I would be a completely different person, all the money I spent when I was younger on gear would have gone to waste probably on game consoles. My music taste would stay confined to what I thought was cool and the time spent at home would be used up doing something useless. I would probably have a WOW subscription and would be an antisocial hardcore gamer.

Guitar has made me a better person, it has made me feel constructively talented and more sociable. It has defined me as a character and I really appreciate how glad I am to have started playing. Guitar has kept my occupied in times of sorrow and utmost joy and I love it for this.

So here, discuss your alternative guitarless timelines? And appreciate the joy of doing the right thing by picking up the wonderful instrument we all love!
Quote by slashnmash

Guitar has made me a better person, it has made me feel constructively talented and more sociable. It has defined me as a character and I really appreciate how glad I am to have started playing. Guitar has kept my occupied in times of sorrow and utmost joy and I love it for this.

This.
I'd probably be working my arse off in some design studio... good or bad thing? =/
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
I wouldn't be on UG all the time.

*gives up guitar*

FREEDOM!
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
i would have no direction, wouldnt be applying and auditioning to music schools and would probably have gone deeper into art.
the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

Quote by GibsonRocker14
you can use guitar strings to skin carrots....

wait.... wuttt???
instead of playing guitar 10 hours a day, i'd be playing PC 10 hours a day... simple as that :/
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
I think I actually abandoned my social life because of guitar

I just practise.. All the time..

No idea what I'd be like without it...
i'd probably be doing something pointless, like having a career at some big company, or chasing cheap sluts around nightclubs, driving an expensive car that i don't need, hanging around with people who are also huge douchebags.
My life would be almost 100% different, I don't even want to think about it. Without the doors guitar playing has directly and indirectly opened for me in my life, as well as just guitar itself, I would be in rough shape.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

Well i played drums before i picked up the guitar and now i play both (+ bass) so i guess i would have been playing just drums
Quote by Gargantuan
These.

That.

but seriously, i'd probably just get stoned more, and play video games more.

but guitars are great, they expand your mind. My music taste would be completly different. also you cna play guitar in any mood, angry, sad, happy etc. it can accompany anything. and chicks dig it
Last edited by Azwethinkwedo at Dec 6, 2008,
I wouldn't be into music as much as i am.

Would have been much more popular at school if i didn't play it and get involved with the metal culture etc. Although those posh rahs were never worth my time anyhow.

I sort of went on a hiatus with guitar for a year when i became disillusioned with all the metal culture, but got back into the guitar itself as i became a lover of many types of music.

I'm probs a better person for playing it though. Taught me self-discipline
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
i would most likely NOT spend an hour every friday with the head of science doing extra work.
i would however not be as popular within my school, apparently i look really sexy when im playing :S
i wouldn't be doing music GCSE and would probably be doing french, boring my brains out.
i would also be having EVERY lesson at school with the girl i have liked for a while now...
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Dec 6, 2008,
I would still be in college, but I'd probably be doing better... but only slightly better, as my guitars have sadly been neglected for the last 3+ years. I probably wouldn't be questioning what to do next year so much though
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Quote by slashnmash
I would probably have a WOW subscription and would be an antisocial hardcore gamer.

Yea like posting on the pit is better then that!

Just because you play video games all day long does not make you anti-social. In todays worth probably more people socialize by going on the internet then physically meet today. When I was a kid and we went out in the woods, or rode bikes, etc.
id probably have continued playing keyboard
and i wouldnt be on here all the time
and i wouldnt have heard of half my fave bands
not good
My name is Vikki. Use it

We took the last train
Out of the city
To plan our great escape
I wouldn't be in a guitar shop, and never would have heard of Satch...so, so, horrible.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
I would've been the same way I was before I picked up the guitar, depressed and disillusioned. Maybe even have killed myself, I don't know.
Quote by Jehuty
Quote by MoleMania
This.

This.

Quote by Gargantuan
These.

Those. And that too!

But I don't have an idea where I'd be without guitar, Probably a talentless Git.
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Dec 6, 2008,
I'd probably have my other bike finished by now and my car finished too.
no one would touch my privates if it weren't for the guitar
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
without my guitar, id have guitar hero
[IMG]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/chw42/spiderjamesPJsig.png[/IMG]
I'd probably be a completely different person. I started playing guitar around a time when I was kind of depressed and had no real interests in life. Guitar got me into all different kinds of music. I might not be very good, but it gives me something to be proud of and I feel more confident in myself. It might sound stupid, but I feel "whole" now.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by DeathOn2Legs
instead of playing guitar 10 hours a day, i'd be playing PC 10 hours a day... simple as that :/

Me too. But id probably have spent all my money on like, shoes or something.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
Rich.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
In Drama school.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by TestMan6
Yea like posting on the pit is better then that!

Just because you play video games all day long does not make you anti-social. In todays worth probably more people socialize by going on the internet then physically meet today. When I was a kid and we went out in the woods, or rode bikes, etc.

I find it hard to believe you are older than 15.

On topic: I'd have a lot less in common with a few of my friends, my music teacher would dislike me, and i'd probably have more money.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE