i know i'm gona sounds stupid but i've only just started learning about effects,
Please can someone give/direct me to a good description of what a flanger does and what difference it makes to the sound of the notes.
Quote by Kevin Saale
"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"
... thats why i don't seem to say much

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
...all you could ever want
is there a video on youtube that you know of that has the same tune played exactly the same twice, only one with a flanger, one without. i've already looked
Quote by Kevin Saale
"Speak at length about that which you do know, speak little about that which you don't"

Quote by 5150rando
keep up the good work guys! eddie blows everyone away with his skills and he had a hot wife!
thanks anyway though, the wikipedea article helped a little but i still don't realy get it.
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando
come on, i'm not getting anywhere here realy, i just wasted ages scimming through that sticky!
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando
flanger makes it sound like a plane with jet engines is taking off in your amp, whooooooshhhhh <<<<<<< thats the sound it makes.
ok...
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando
is a flanger a type of effect pedal, i know it's an effect but can you get it in a effect pedal?
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando
yeah you can get it as a pedal. It sounds like a jet engine flying overhead if you have distortion turned on anyway.
Edit your posts, don't double post it's annoying. And yes you can get it in a pedal, you can get clips of them on youtube.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
sorry if i'm getting anoying,
thanks for your help so far,
you say it's like a chorus pedal...whihc is better and why?
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando
It depends on what sound you're going for, they both have applications.

EDIT: What he^ said.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Kinda makes a plane sound. It goes up and down if you can comprehend that. Listen to a flanger demo, or Van Halen songs. The effect you hear is most likly Flanger.
Dude, I am not a pedal guy at all. I only have two pedals, one a delay and the other a flanger. Those are the only two a guitar player needs. You can overdrive a good amp for good crunch, then really mess with that sound with the delay and flanger. You'd be surprised what amazing sounds you can get from so little.

And yeah, the flanger is heard a lot in Eddie Van Halen's sound. The very beginning of "And The Cradle Will Rock" is a perfect example of it in use.
thanks dudes
Quote by Kevin Saale

Quote by 5150rando