I've a Peavey Valveking Royal 8 amp (tube amp). It doesn't have much gain, as it only gets to this Zeppelinish sound (Black dog style). That gain is perfect for blues, but I'm looking for something more. The thing is as well, the higher you set the volume to, the nicer the distortion gets (it can get really loud for a 5w amp).

I need a pedal with which I can play hard rock (AC/DC, Guns N' Roses). I think I might be looking for an overdrive pedal, though I'm not sure. I want it to sound natural and in harmony with the tube amp (I don't want the typical industrial 10€ gain)

What do you think? What overdrive pedals out there can I get for classic / hard rock?

My budget is around 90 euros.
I say go for an overdrive, a tubescreamer would be really good or a Hardwire "tube OD"
The last one is really good too a bit more expensive i think though, it already comes with true bypass therefore.
Looking for a new sig!
Quote by samerika
I say go for an overdrive, a tubescreamer would be really good or a Hardwire "tube OD"
The last one is really good too a bit more expensive i think though, it already comes with true bypass therefore.

What does the bypass do?
you're probably going to want a pretty high gain overdrive for that... maybe even one of the better distortion pedals (the ones which don't sound like bees in a can).

not too sure for 90 euros, though. EDIT: i've heard some good things about those new tonerider pedals, but haven't been able to try them, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Xotic BB Preamp.

Hands down, best overdrive ever. It's pricey ($199 CAD here), but it's just the most orgasmic pedal ever. True bypass, tones go from completely transparent, to bluesy, to hard rock.

Amazing natural sound too, you can hear all the nuances and tones of your playing still ringing through the distortion. None of that muddy crap.

GET IT.
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
besides an od a EQ can go along way towards getting you a harder tone.
Quote by stratdud39
if you really want to get a nice distortion, but dont mind paying $200, look into tube distortion pedals

please dont Havent tried one decent unit yet. Besides you already like your gain and simply want more

try something like the EH lpb1 clean boost. Cheap as chips, and is quite transparent really. Other than that, some good OD pedal like the TS or clones thereof. I myself use either clean boost, or a bd-2. The BD-2 is kind of transparent, but not that much., Just happens to go great with my amp. But clean boost is the way to go if you like you amp at full volume as it is
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat