note : i'm not a beginner level guitarist, but the current guitar i have (See sig) the neck warped and it's only playable in drop c, and i'd like to play in standard, that guitar cost about 299.99 USD and it's a pretty reliable guitar, i play mainly metal, and clean stuff like opeth, iron and wine, and sun kil moon. folkish, i suppose.

really interested in a jackson, perhaps a shecther, something that would sound good through my amp in my sig
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
I'd save up a little more if I was you. You're probably not gonna get a decent guitar at that price. They're gonna be at the very bottom of the range.
Quote by madbomber233
I'd save up a little more if I was you. You're probably not gonna get a decent guitar at that price. They're gonna be at the very bottom of the range.

+1

save up for a Dean.
JOIN MY IRON MAIDEN FAN CLUB!!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!

My Gear:
Dean Baby ML Cowboy From Hell Finish
Dean M10 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
wait how long did it take to warp?
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
2 days -_- i left it in my friends car and he didn't take it out, az heat killed it.

eh, it's for of a christmas present actually, the limit is 200. if i had a choice i'd ask for more, but money is tight and blah blah blah. anything is better then a warped neck, really.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Look for an agile on rondomusic.com (i think thats it). i hear they're pretty good for way cheap.
There are no real metal guitars in your price range. Okay, there are, but they usually fall behind other guitars in terms of sound and quality. They look metal, but they don't sound metal imo.

I'd look at this:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar?sku=511077

It's a good all rounder and a solid platform for modding later on. Swap the bridge pickup for something better later and you've got a kick ass metal guitar.