so i wrote a song that has a soft slowish verse and a heavy chorus. the soft part is sad sounding and the heavy part is angry sounding. i want to convey sorrow, anger, frustration, melancholy, and hopelessness in my lyrics. these are all things i've been feeling for a while but i dont really know why im feeling them, so i cant think of anything to write about. any ideas as to what i can do?

also the song i wrote sounds similar to Cemetery Gates or Hollow by Pantera if that helps any
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Last edited by Silence&Requiem at Dec 6, 2008,
Sorry I can't help you, I just wanted to say I giggled at:
Quote by Silence&Requiem
i want to convey sorrow, anger, frustration, melancholy, and hopelessness in my lyrics.
that just made me realize how messed up i really am
Is your name Mike? Do you want to be everyone's friend? Do you look similar to lots of other people? If so click here

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Maybe this is not the answer you want, but I think the best way to have a text is to write. Don't be affraid to write something and to modify it after, that's how you write a text, not only a song.

Begin by just write what comes into your mind. It doesn't matter if it is not what you want to tell in your text, you'll modify it later. To work with words, you need some, so don't be shy and write anything. Then you focus more on your goal: have lyrics.

I wish it is going to help you. Don't give up !
The world is a vampire. - Billy Corgan
Try to get in that emotional state and then just play the verse to yourself until some ideas come out, then try the same with the chorus, persevere as much as you can, fustration at not getting it might help you with the content (if that makes sense).
thanks the advice helped and i got a verse and a half now. still gotta come up with a chorus but the write and revise later thing works well for me.

Quote by LesPaulLeader08

Fucking win S&R!
Just write... anything that comes to your mind while feeling those emotions. It can be full sentences, words, pictures, anything really. That's how I approach writing. Just let everything pour onto paper.

Of course it's gonna be ****, but that's the next step. To organize those thoughts scattered on the paper.

You don't write something perfect on your first try, so don't expect it to be.

Revision is you're friend.

Hope that helped. I'm a writer, and that's my process. Everyone is different, of course.

Find you're style.
Quote by kunvulshuns

Find you're style.

You're?!?!?!

F*ck you!

I hate that!

Anyway, just write, and write and write
then later, read read and read.
revise revise revise.
Take those emotions and write everything that can possibly come to your mind when you either think of that emotion or are feeling it. I find it easy to remember a past event or create an event in my mind then take the emotions I felt or would feel. For example, remember that time your hamster or dog or something died? Take words that can relate to how you felt and you have words that translate into Sadness. See where this can go? Good luck! Remember that it's never perfect on the first shot, you're going to need to clean up all the crap around it and polish it. Or leave it raw and you get a grungier, heavy feel.