What is everyones opinion of the kooks, im not a fan myself i personally think that they are a bunch off posh southern twats that try and sound like poor northeners, The singer (if you can call him that sings in a moany voice that can be imitated by a three year old) has no guitar playing talent but im pretty sure that i've seen him playing a beautiful gibson junior. WHY!!!! But still thats just my opnion and i'd be intrigued to find out what others think and pleases use the poll
I like them, but not like I like the Arctic Monkeys (who I worship!). They have great songs, but are not the creative geniuses Arctic Monkeys are.

The lyrics to "Do you wanna" are very, very bad, though. The riff and the chorus are great, but the verses are really weird. I was thinking about covering it, and replacing the verses with a Shakespeare sonnet.
not a huge fan, but i like them though, they've got some good song
strongly overrated... like most commercial bands today:P
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I think they're catchy and the lead singer is really cute.

That's about it.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Simon Amstell (to Alfie Jackson): So what's the general view on The Kooks?
Donny Tourette (Interrupting): Crap!
Alfie: Well... that's one way to put it...

I remember I used to like them, but then I realised they weren't that good. They have a couple of good songs, but nothing incredible.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by sre9981
Inside In/Inside Out is fantastic
Konk was embarrassing at points

+1

KONK = let down of the year
I saw them supporting the Subways in '05 and thought they were fantastic, loved their first album at the time and saw them for £6 at one point (supported by the Automatic)

however, I never bothered with Konk, Always Where I Need To Be was ok but the band don't really interest me. deleted the sophomore from my computer after a week. They're unimportant.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Apparently when they went back to Brighton, everyone spat in their flight cases.

There was an interview in 'Total Guitar', where Luke Prick-Chard said "c*nts like James Blunt give acoustic music a bad name".

I know which I'd rather listen to!
I payed money to see them... never again shall i do such a thing it was a TERRIBLE gig, i sat by the first aid guys until it ended, i'd have left if i wasn't getting a lift with a mate who claims he enjoyed it.

I only went because it was a friends birthday so it was kind of expected of me.
I don't like them either, but you dont see me making a thread to bash them do you?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
They have some catchy stuff but otherwise they're pretty much musically worthless. And most of the catchy stuff they have is a rip off of from bands like the arctic monkeys or the libertines...
Yeah, their first one was brilliant.. raw, pretty and young. How all indie debut's should sound. They've gone down hill since then.
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
i liked a couple songs off their first album. the second one, i haven't listened to much.
JM Ang | JAMSBIO - http://jamsbio.com | Win a V-Factor Gibson guitar! Show your appreciation for Jimi Hendrix for a chance to win.
Inside In/Inside Out was pretty good. Not a masterpiece by any means, but still overall an enjoyable experience. Konk on the other hand...
I used to like them. Inside In Inside Out was amazing. But they really let themselves down when they released Konk.
yeah i'm going to have to second the general opinion that their first album was a very solid cd and the second cd was very weak, especially lyrically.
Quote by sebbsmith
Yeah, their first one was brilliant.. raw, pretty and young. How all indie debut's should sound. They've gone down hill since then.

+1
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Loved Inside In/Inside Out, one of my favourite albums. Not much to say musically, lyrically or vocally but a damn upbeat, fun record to listen to.

Konk was ****e.
Quote by Benjibum

Or in Final Fantasy terms, think of him as always casting Reflect on himself. The only way to hurt him is to cast Reflect on yourself and bounce Firaga off yourself.

What a load of rubbish. Just punch him in the ****ing shins.