Hey. I'm new to UG and the recent owner of a tonelab LE.
I loved this multifx at first try, it allows me to dig into older tones instantly, say queen, purple, i got some hendrix too, even the starting metallica. I love it even more because i can find close tones to gary moore or slash.

What I'm looking for is an agressive type of distorsion. I've been playing with it for several days now, and I haven't been able to find anything heavy. I'm talking about a therion/old nightwish/epica/within temptation kind of distorsion. I got on a different realm using a boss mt-2 through the effects loop. But nothing heavy enough - take orion by metallica. That kind of thing.

Is it possible to obtain such a tone with a VOX Tonelab LE? I found metal sounds on youtube, but everybody seems to use the SE version. Google isn't very helpful either. I'm content with it, but I really wish it had some agressive stuff, too.

I can't say I've studied the market a lot. I got this effect because I wanted to re-start playing. My last setup (and only, ever) was Guitar Rig software through a Boss - MT2. Never got a good tone, so I went unplugged, evolved technique, then I grew bored and quit.

When I entered the shop, I asked for an multifx suitable for rock/metal. I wasn't asked for a price range, so I was given a zoom first. I dropped it in 5 minutes. I've asked for an ax3000, then an utopia rocktron, then a tonelab. I've finally settled for the tonelab le.
Do you have an amp?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Nope. I don't have the space, money, and neighbours for a decent amp.
LE: is it crucial to have an amp? Isn't it possible to get good distorsion with modelling alone?
Last edited by irichard at Dec 7, 2008,