Im looking for a boost pedal to add to my pedal board. i tried a BOSS blues driver but it didnt give me nearly enough volume and really meesed up my tone. so wat pedal would give me a lot of volume and a little more gain without making my amp sound like hell? thanx
beer is good

Quote by Insanitydenied
Moral: DONT DO GUITAR SPINS!

^^my evil army...hehe...
depends what amp you have, what style of music you play, how much you're willing to spend and what you want it to do exactly.

do you want a clean boost which simply increases the input volume making the amp naturally overdrive more, or a pedal to add a bit of its own overdrive as well as a volume boost?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Boss SD-1/DS-1s are pretty good. But, you really want a smoother overdrive so you don't degrade tone by boosting too much, so I'd suggest some kind of Tube Screamer. Ibanez TS9DX (lots of diff settings) or TS808. Maxon OD-9 or OD-9 Pro + are awesome too.
Quote by Blompcube
depends what amp you have, what style of music you play, how much you're willing to spend and what you want it to do exactly.

do you want a clean boost which simply increases the input volume making the amp naturally overdrive more, or a pedal to add a bit of its own overdrive as well as a volume boost?

i have a fender FM 100H and play gibson sg's and explorers. i play a GNR/acdc style and dont wanna spend more than 150$

also i want volume and distortion boost but without the 'fuzz' like the blues driver.
beer is good

Quote by Insanitydenied
Moral: DONT DO GUITAR SPINS!

^^my evil army...hehe...
If he has a SS amp, the only reason to ever use a booster would be to boost the input to a fussy pedal or before a VERY LONG cable run

With tube amps tho, its adds more gain

I would just get a EQ pedal, they can clean boost too by turning the sliders up, and if you decide you dont want just a boost, you've got an EQ
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Quote by CobainBohnam
Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MWWT6E

why are so many people recommending metal distortion pedals for classic rock people who want to boost their amps lately?

The Ibanez TS9 seems to work ok with solid state amps - i boosted a marshall MG100DFX with one last week and it sounded good by MG100DFX standards (i'll admit it, i actually really liked the tone!). Not sure how the Fender FM will handle it, but the TS9 also works really well into a clean channel as smooth tube-like distortion.

since you're trying to simply boost your amp, i'm guessing you're satisfied with the way your current amp sounds so there's no need to recommend a different amp instead? the FM100H isn't really ideal for Slash/Angus style tones imo, but if it works for you then who am i to tell you otherwise..
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.