any advice on apedal under 80 bucks tht has a great metallica sound?
Last edited by bucketheadbukut at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by DimebagRob
Wah pedal for Kirk's solos, he has a signature crybaby I think.

i already got one, and its a good one, just my amps distortion isnt all tht great
Bite the bullet and buy a decent amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Bite the bullet and buy a decent amp.

yea, as soon as i get the room in the freckin house xD and the money, my parents sure as hell wont buy it for me, i had to beg them for a frecking starter kit xD
A pedal won't help you with a starter kit. I would recommend saving up for a good long time until you can buy yourself a nicer amp. There definitely isn't a pedal that will get you a good metallica sound for that price, especially with your current setup.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
A pedal won't help you with a starter kit. I would recommend saving up for a good long time until you can buy yourself a nicer amp. There definitely isn't a pedal that will get you a good metallica sound for that price, especially with your current setup.

well actually ik i wont be able to get a perfect metallica sound outta my line 6 spiderIII and epiphone studio les paul, i mean a good sound thts closer than what i got
I would suggest saving a bit more, thern selling the Spider which puts you in small/used tube territory. But if you must get a pedal now, probably an older model Pro Co Rat or maybe even a Keeley modded Boss DS-1.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by Ghold125
pro co rat

+1

But I think finding your own sound makes more sense...
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.