i bet its probably crap... if you want to buy a jump start pack, look at fender
What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger

Bass: Ibanez Gsr200
Bass amp: Ibanez sw100 stack

Guitar: squier starter pack

never buy a squier!
looks like its made nice, but i would play it safe and go with a squier starter set. they have some nice basses, squier do
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by AbTT
http://www.rondomusic.com/bg1kowl.html

Ive been dying to play bass (ive played guiar for a year now) and found this bass 2day through another UG'er.
How does this Bass and amp hold up?
Also If you did buy this pack what was the total price.

If you are going to get a rondo bass just get one of the more expensive jazz basses.
The p bass is about as good as its squier counter part. Which isn't that good.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
SX's are total crap. Almost everything from Rondo is crap.

For a beginner pack Ibanez makes a good one, as does Squier.
My friend bought the SX bass with a P & J pickups from Rondo. It's not bad... it's better than my BC Rich, and that's for sure. The wood is stained yellowish-orange though, but that's just cosmetic. I say go for the SX!
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I'm sorry, but this really qualifies for search bar usage. SX is brought up almost every week.
Quote by Yerjam
Could be, but the most important thing to remember is that it wasn't your fault, even if it was.
Quote by Captain Insano

I doubt you have played more than one of their instruments
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Captain Insano

My AG-3000 and AL-3100 say otherwise.
Squier VM Fretless Jazz
Warwick Rockbass Streamer 5
Ashdown MAG 300 210
I have an SX SJMB, I love it to death. It's a shortscale Jaguar-copy bass, it plays and sounds damn good. I'd recommend SX.
All your base are belong to us.
I would suggest this VVV if a little pricey, well worth the money.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Captain Insano

sweeping uninformed generalizations ftl.

its a starter bass, you might get lucky, but any low end bass is rarely built with quality in mind.

if you're buying because you REALLY want to get into playing then search out something worthwhile.. even if you do end up dropping it later, you could still sell it for decent cash.

if you're buying something to see if MAYBE you'll be interested.. then there's nothing at allwrong with getting an SX/squier/ibanez Gio/ etc etc for something to start up on.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by AbTT

I have that dean. I always thought that i had a dean edge, but now i find that i have that one. It's cheap, obviously, but i would recommend a squire or ibanez. If you really, REALLY can't come up with more money, then the dean is fine.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
SX instruments are fine, but I haven't heard good things about the amp and it really doesn't look all that great. I'd suggest getting this one instead of the black or white ones...it's the same bass with a normal-colored neck.
This would probably be good too.

I'd go for a Peavey or Acoustic practice amp to go with it.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
My friend bought the SX bass with a P & J pickups from Rondo. It's not bad... it's better than my BC Rich, and that's for sure. The wood is stained yellowish-orange though, but that's just cosmetic. I say go for the SX!

The yellowish orange is just because SX was too lazy to properly finish the bass and they used aerosol (?) I forgot what they used but i'm pretty sure it was some kind of spray.

Also, with SX's your getting what you pay for, it's not bad, but it's nothing to stand out with, i personally love mine to death but that's just me.
^ Really? I thought they were trying (and failing) to get a vintage look...huh. They seem to be phasing it out though...good riddance.
Nope, no sig here.
So your saying the SX would be better then the Dean i mentioned?
I own one of their better jazz bass copies and I love it to death, mine has a nice feel, stays in tune, built pretty damn well in general; the only thing is that the pickups need to be replaced. I think they're damn good for the money from my experiences.
Quote by AbTT
So your saying the SX would be better then the Dean i mentioned?

Very much so.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by the humanity
I would suggest this VVV if a little pricey, well worth the money.

I'd reccomend the stuff in the humanity's sig, except get a regular cable because monsters tend to be overpriced unless you plan on breaking tons of cables.