I need a song that has nice chords to jam over. It has to be from another song though and can't be very very very famous.
Quote by GrungeJunkie
Angry Squirrel is Angry!!!

Quote by Joe-Fish
Pain in the ass. We got 6 inches last friday. We got another 8 inches today. We're supposed to get 10 more inches by christmas.

So you want a good song that nobody knows about, so you can pretend its your own?

Classy.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
"lollipop" by lil' wayne. seriously, it just repeats the same chord progression and the vocal melodies are hella easy to figure out. it's Dm, F, C, Bb the whole song through.
"Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks."
- Dr. Dre
Quote by Ackj
So you want a good song that nobody knows about, so you can pretend its your own?

Classy.

That's the objective
Quote by GrungeJunkie
Angry Squirrel is Angry!!!

Quote by Joe-Fish
Pain in the ass. We got 6 inches last friday. We got another 8 inches today. We're supposed to get 10 more inches by christmas.

Quote by bangoodcharlote
Plagarism is bad. Write your own fucking music.

It's actually completely legal to write a new melody over existing chords. It's called Contrafaction. Jazz cats have been doing it since the dawn of freakin' time. I can list like, a million songs based off of Gershwin's "Rhythm Changes". Green Day did it with "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" (Wonderwall), and if you dig harmonic originality, 80% of bluesmen are right out. Sorry to break it.
I know basic copyright law; you can't copyright a chord progression.

However, to outright rip-off someone's song and claim it as your own just because it is obscure is unethical.
Quote by CypressHill
That's the objective

Find your own stuff you lazy douche.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Play a I/IV/V progression and wank around like a douchebag. I'm sure you'll be famous in no time.

Alternatively, you could develop some originality and style through practice and observation, and actually enjoy coming up with backing parts. If you can't build the nuts and bolts of a song, I can guarantee you your melody lines will suck.
no
Quote by bangoodcharlote
I know basic copyright law; you can't copyright a chord progression.

However, to outright rip-off someone's song and claim it as your own just because it is obscure is unethical.

From what I saw, the OP is looking for an obscureish song with neat chords to jam over. That being said, I completely agree with you, ripping off is the least legit thing an artist can do. Like remember that whole timbaland thing? F** him. But I don't think that making a new melody over previously used chords counts as a rip-off. Lookit Led Zep, "Stairway" was just "Taurus" by Spirit with some vocals over it.

To OP: Play some random chords. If something sounds good, j-j-jam on it. Tab out music you like, take inspiration from those chord progressions.
Of course you can put a new melody over an old chord progression. I use the i VII VI V progression all the time, but I certainly am not the first to use it.

Quote by bucky_2300
Play a I/IV/V progression and wank around like a douchebag. I'm sure you'll be famous in no time.
I think it should be clarified that "wank" refers to mindless fast playing here.

On second thought, if you take that literally, you probably would get famous as well, though perhaps not for reasons you would want.