Nevermind the first 5 or so seconds of silence, and the stupid flanger at some of the clean parts. Just curious, how do you think the mixing is? The guitar tone (considering the amps used were Vox valvetronix's)? And of course the overall song?
Help is appreciated.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Is it just me or is the mix way too quiet? I had to turn my speakers up pretty high to hear everything. The guitar tone works pretty well, is there any bass at all though? It could use some to fill everything out. The overall mix is kind of thin not exactly sure why. The bass would help a little, but work on the EQing to warm it up a bit.

Actually, I just made out the bass. I think. It might be the guitar's low frequency though.

The playing is cool but really this goes on for far too long. There's not enough interesting stuff to fill 10:00 minutes. The soloing gets old quick too. I like the content but you should really focus everything and tighten it up. Its like you're trying to do everything you can in one song. It picks up nicely at towards the end, it just takes too long to get there.

Overall nice job, C4C if you like: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016026
Hmm, I might have overcompensated lowering the bass as it sounds fine on my speakers.
Thanks for the help.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
i thought it was pretty cool. main riff kinda reminded me of maiden with the harmonies at the end. guitar probably could be louder though.
Mexican Fender Fat Strat
Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
As said above definitly raise the whole mix up. Especially the guitars and bass. The whole thing reminded of a mesh between Dream Theatre, Iron Maiden, and Opeth with the biggest influence being from the maiden side of things. Anyways i liked it alot, nice work. I dont know what the guy a few posts above meant by its too long. I think its perfectly lengthy!

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017182
rl]
Last edited by StealthyHayze at Dec 8, 2008,
The intro had a pretty good rhythm and a decent lead although I didn't really like the lead too much when it started around :49. The riffing picks up nicely at around 1:18 and transitions pretty well to the riff around 1:40. The section around 2:03, specifically the lead, is very cool and done nicely, good job here. I do however think the lead dragged on a bit once you reached the three minute mark. Then once you reach 3:30 I really think you're just filling space with this lead, something needs to be fixed around here. The rhythm riff after your lead ends is good, you've had some cool rhythms so far. The clean section starting around 5 minutes seems completely random to me and doesn't really fit the mood of the song for me. The section and the lead is cool and everything, but I think this would fit a lot better in a different song, it just seems very out of place to me. The transition back into the heavy part seemed awkward to me as well, I also think this lead dragged a bit. By the time you started shredding I really just lost interest even though there were some other cool parts, especially towards around 8:40 or so. Theres a lot of good sections in here, but it just isn't enough to keep me interested for 10 minutes. I'd suggest breaking this into different songs and that might fit better.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016967