Hi,

I'm going to buy a new guitar, preferably an Ibanez. So I've come across the Ibanez RGT-6 EX FX for around 690€ which is a good price in my opinion.

My question now is - is it any good? Should I go for this Ibanez or are there better ones around for the same price?
Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
If you like EMGs then yes, it might be something for you.

The main problems with non-Prestige Ibanez are the Edge III tremolo and the somewhat mediocre pickups. This guitar doesn't have those problems seeing as it's a hardtail with regular EMG pickups.

You shoud try to find one in a music store, so you can try it out yourself. In the event that you're not able to track one down, you can at least get an idea of what it's like by playing a different hardtail RG.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
If you like EMGs then yes, it might be something for you.

The main problems with non-Prestige Ibanez are the Edge III tremolo and the somewhat mediocre pickups. This guitar doesn't have those problems seeing as it's a hardtail with regular EMG pickups.

You shoud try to find one in a music store, so you can try it out yourself. In the event that you're not able to track one down, you can at least get an idea of what it's like by playing a different hardtail RG.

Yeah I can try it out in a local music store (that's where I get it cheaper than elsewhere). So you recommend me to go for it if I like playing on it?
Quote by Deep*Kick
"Hi guys, god here. My son is uber awesome at improvisation, but he can't play cover songs for the life of him. Is he gifted?"
I don't know what else you'd look for in a guitar than liking to play it, so yeah.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Quote by drewsta42
I don't know what else you'd look for in a guitar than liking to play it, so yeah.

Well quality etc. I'm not that experienced to be honest. But yes I get your point.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Quote by Markitt
Yeah I can try it out in a local music store (that's where I get it cheaper than elsewhere). So you recommend me to go for it if I like playing on it?

Yup; it's a great guitar, so why not get it?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Yup; it's a great guitar, so why not get it?

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks
Quote by Deep*Kick
well like the guy above me said. the 2 main problems with the non-prestige ibanezs(sic?) are the edge 3 trem and the generic in-house pickups they use. if you don't need a trem, and are looking for a metal guitar, there isn't a better ibanez out there.

even though it's not a prestige model, ibanez has good overall quality control. plus it's a neck-through.

just try it to make sure you like it. other than that, it looks like a solid guitar
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo