This isn't gonna take much, basically all I have to say is that slipknot play metal, there is no disputing that.
And I will admit that metallica also play 'metal'.
But the fact is that, as a metal band, slipknot are far better in every sense.
Slipknot aren't metal so your argument is invalid.
Edit: Dammit, beaten.
Last edited by hippiebass at Dec 6, 2008,

Fail.

And if you don't want Metallica, there would never be Slipknot.
Metallica=Thrash
Slipknot=NOT Metal. The masks are gay. And so are 4 non real band members banging trash cans and dancing on stage.

Answer is invalid.
Would you like to phone a friend?

/thread.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
Last edited by AngelOfSorrow at Dec 6, 2008,
So if slipknot doesn't play any form of metal, would you care to enlighten me as to what genre they do in fact belong in?
Lol, troll much?
We Rock With Our Cocks Out: UG Naked Club FTW!!

Quote by HeavenlyVirus
how many George Bushs does it take to fix the economy? -1
Nu-metal.
Yes, omg, it has "metal" in the name, that doesn't change the fact that these bands are clearly not metal.
Quote by lyingfromyou118
Lol, troll much?

No, I think he's just an idiot.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
HAHAHA.
Hypothesis invalid.

/thread.

So yea, you wrote /thread you basically win the argument.
Quote by GuitarzruuleD
So if slipknot doesn't play any form of metal, would you care to enlighten me as to what genre they do in fact belong in?

Nu-Metal, which metalhead purists hate. I am an open-minded person though, so i like slipknot and metalica (just their old stuff though, before they sucked ass)
they do play a form of metal, douche metal, uk, what richard simmons listens to

lol, seriously, they r a good band, but dont even cpmpare them to metallica, metallica created their srry asses!
Last edited by bucketheadbukut at Dec 6, 2008,
lol fail troll is fail, except people are still arguing lol
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Echoplex
Nu-Metal, which metalhead purists hate. I am an open-minded person though, so i like slipknot and metalica (just their old stuff though, before they sucked ass)

Liking Slipknot and Metallica does not make you open minded.

edit:^Win
Quote by GuitarzruuleD

I mean comeon! how can you not know what genre they are! they only like created the highly popular genre that is EPIC FAIL!!!!!

sry don't mean to b mean it's just that they suck
JOIN MY IRON MAIDEN FAN CLUB!!!! CLICK HERE!!!!!

My Gear:
Dean Baby ML Cowboy From Hell Finish
Dean M10 Amp
Digitech Death Metal Distortion Pedal
You, sir, have stumbled upon the single greatest elitist group on UG and said that one band is better than another. Terrible idea.

Though I must say, Slipknot are Metal. Nu-Metal or not, they're heavier and more metal-esque than most bands that people count as metal, like them or not.

I'm almost ashamed of Metalhead Elitism...its sad really.
Quote by Haedadru
I suggest nicola teslas powered radiation death ray mounted on an orange, top secret, neo-nazi flying swastika

What?
Quote by GuitarzruuleD
So yea, you wrote /thread you basically win the argument.

That's how it works when you open your mouth before you think.

So yes, so all of us win, and you have just made a fool of yourself among UG users. Please leave now.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
I like Slipknot and all, but they are nu-metal, no matter how much you like them they are nu-metal, but then again so are Disturbed, it's not always a bad thing.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire

http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/metallica/good.html

sorry, but the argument is impossible for any side to win. I suggest we all just leave stupid threads like this. Also, i am neutral on the issue, though i do listen to more Slipknot than Metallica.
Lets be honest here, nobody does it harder or faster than slipknot. Metallica aint got **** on Slipknot. If Pink Floyd made a metal band it would BE SLIPKNOT.

You kids online think you know so much.
Quote by lilboisX3
Lets be honest here, nobody does it harder or faster than slipknot. Metallica aint got **** on Slipknot. If Pink Floyd made a metal band it would BE SLIPKNOT.

Pink Floyd is better than you (or metallica/slipknot)
Quote by lilboisX3

I'm tired of this trolling

*reported*
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by dminishedthingy
Messiah, where the fuck are you?
I can't castrate them all myself!
*Uses rusty wooden spoon in vain*

Wut? Wood doesn't get rusty, silly.
Quote by AngelOfSorrow

So yes, so all of us win, and you have just made a fool of yourself among UG users. Please leave now.

Yea no you're basically the king of UG and metal and metal on UG, so sorry for any inconvenience.
Quote by ctb
Meh. Reported.

I hate people like you. Could you be any more smug than that.

*reported
Quote by ChemicalFire

I'm quoting this because it is so damn funny!

Edit:
Quote by Echoplex
http://www.goldenpages.ie/search/metallica/good.html

sorry, but the argument is impossible for any side to win. I suggest we all just leave stupid threads like this. Also, i am neutral on the issue, though i do listen to more Slipknot than Metallica.

Oh shit! goldenpages speaks the truth again!
Last edited by Unledded at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by Judas Acolyte
You, sir, have stumbled upon the single greatest elitist group on UG and said that one band is better than another. Terrible idea.

Though I must say, Slipknot are Metal. Nu-Metal or not, they're heavier and more metal-esque than most bands that people count as metal, like them or not.

I'm almost ashamed of Metalhead Elitism...its sad really.

Heaviness doesn't necessarily make a metal band metal. It does have a hand, but there are other things that go into it. Talent is one of those things.

Quote by lilboisX3

PLEASE tell me this is a joke. Slipknot is far from the heaviest or fastest band around.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....