I bought a reverb pedal (holy grail) for my tiny terror. I've put it at the end of my pedal's just before the amp, is this the right place for it? It doesn't seem to be working very well, I have to have it on 0% even on the spring setting otherwise the reverb trail is too long.

It doesn't work anything like what I've seen on some online demos of the holy grail, any suggestions?
You have the knob turned all the way down but you still have too much reverb? I think you might have a defective pedal.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
I think I've sorted it. It seems that when I have heavy distortion on my amp the reverb goes crazy, guess I'll have to fork out for a distortion pedal and put it BEFORE the reverb pedal.
I have a Holy Grail also. I feel the Holy Grail works best in a loop. Since you don't have one, atleast I don't think you do, out front will be ok.

There is a lot of reverb in that little pedal. I usually keep mine around 9 o'clock. That is how EHX's products are usually, very subtle to over-the-top.

Yeah, distortion before reverb is better, IMHO.
I take it you don't have an effects loop?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
No, Tiny Terror's don't have FX Loops.

But yeah, reverb tends to not sound good behind distortion. There's no other way around it, unless you get an fx loop for your amp, which I think I've heard of before.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
It's not going to sound good if you don't have an effects loop, since you can't run your reverb in after your pre-amp distortion.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
clearly, the problem here is, you all need to start listening to MBV, and better music in general.

REVERB before DISTORTION FTW!

in all seriousness, you'll like it better after the pre-amp. your options are pretty much

a) get your amp modded for an effects loop

b) only play clean and use pedals for distortion, placing those pedals before your reverb (which won't work well seeing as it's single channel)

c) get a new amp

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com