I bought my guitar a couple months ago. Its a PRS SE, and so far i've changed its strings twice. People have told me its good to get a guitar set up when you buy it, and its 70 dollars at my local guitar center... so should I?...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
A Guitar Center setup is expensive. IMO it's worth it to learn how to do it yourself.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by budget bassist
if it's difficult to play, yes. If you think it's fine then no.

its not difficult to play, but i was just wondering about intonation and the height of my pickups etc...
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
If its easy too play then dont worry about it, but if you start playing live and recording and you're gonna be using it a lot then i would get it set up.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Well... are you not happy with the action? Any fret buzz... at all? Intonation fine?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i would go ahead and set it up, i do it after i buy one and then once a year unless theres a noticeable problem with it
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Quote by stradivari310
A Guitar Center setup is expensive. IMO it's worth it to learn how to do it yourself.

this guy is smart... learn to do it yourself
It's not massively hard to do yourself to be honest, and will save you $70
I just managed to set up an FR from Drop D to Drop B in 20 minutes earlier so your PRS shouldn't take very long at all
ohai little sig.
Learn to do it yourself it will save you more than $70 in the long run.
Other Bands Play...
Manowar Kill!
Quote by DaddyBarbs
its not difficult to play, but i was just wondering about intonation and the height of my pickups etc...

You can test intonation yourself with a piano (if you have good ears) or a chromatic tuner. Pickup height is very easy to change and there's pretty much no risk involved. Just turn the screws on either side. A good pickup height is really only found through experimenting, and honestly, the difference it makes is very small, unless you go extreme. You probably don't need to change it. The only thing that can wreak havoc on your guitar really is a poor truss rod adjustment.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"