so i have a marshall DSL100, but no cab yet
and a fender princeton reverb (1x10), which has a speaker in it, and the speaker is connected to the head in the combo by a cable which I can unplug.

and basically i was wondering how dangerous it would be to use the fender as a temporary cab (for testing purposes) until i actually get a cab.

and if none of this makes any sense, i picked up the marshall at a liquidation place and all they had were: strobe lights + trumpets + a whole lot of bass cabs + harmonicas + my amp

oh and i watched people buy big MGs and 100w spiders =/ but it wasn't as stupid as

lady: "can we use the guitar amps for home theatre?"
salesperson: "sure!"
*lady buys guitar amps for home theatre*
i have a 'white guitar'
what is the power handling of the speaker?

what is the impedance of the speaker?
uhhhh i'll look at it later

but assuming they match? is there a reason why using a single speaker could be bad?
i have a 'white guitar'
Quote by .fallen
uhhhh i'll look at it later

but assuming they match? is there a reason why using a single speaker could be bad?
It won't matter. Just keep in mind that your impedance on the speaker and head will have to match. The wattage doesn't have to match, but the speaker's wattage should be at least the wattage of your head.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
a 10" speaker is unlikely to be able to handle 100w, take care
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.