Ok, I currently own a Washburn X50PRO which runs through a Roland Cube 60. I have no problems with either, except i'd like to be able to permantly detune my Washburn because im not keen on constantly detuning and retuning my guitar to accomodate my playing habits - I mostly play pop-punk/acoustic and metal(core). Therefore, i'd be looking at buying a new guitar to play in standard tuning.

I would like single coil pickups, ideally with two knobs each for tone and volume but this isn't essential. I don't want a tremolo or whammy bar as I never use it, and i'm looking to stay away from the les paul style, just my personal preference My budget is up to £500, if theres anything slightly above this that would be significantly better than anything in my price range then I might be able to accomodate for this.

If there's anything i've left out that would be of benefit to know then feel free to ask! Thanks in advance
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
60s player strat sounds good
or a fender jaguar for a bit more
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Colgate Total
Sounds like you need a Strat.

Hmm, not overly keen on how strats look, but if they're overwhelmingly impressive then i'd be more than willing to get one

Quote by charlie__flynn
60s player strat sounds good
or a fender jaguar for a bit more

As I said in the OP, i'm looking to stay away from a tremolo, so the 60's player is a no-no. Don't like how the jaguar looks either but that's just my personal taste
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
Quote by Colgate Total
Sounds like you need a Strat.

+1
Either this or...

Are you willing to buy used?
Because I found this for 588 pounds:
http://www.musicstore.de/de_DE/EUR/Framus-Renegade-Pro-Custom-MS-Angel-Creme-White-Highpolish/art-GIT0012914-000R

The previous owner returned it to the store within a month after purchasing it, so it's basically new. I played it two months ago when shopping for a new guitar and in the end I had to decide between this and a 2000€ custom shop strat. I took the strat in the end, but it was close.
This guitar is some special edition that is only available through the shop where I was at and it's site (that I linked to).
It's got P-90s and has a pretty broad range of applications... it does anything well from pop to jazz to hard rock. Very versatile, very well made and also very cheap on the European market.

I actually liked it better than the more expensive guitars from the same brand. Really good guitar.

If you don't want this though, I'd have a look at used Strats and Teles. You can get a MIA Fender off of ebay for 500 pounds.
I would be more than willing to go used if it meant I could get something better for the money, although I would be a bit sceptical about buying used online, I would have to play it before buying it. After all, it's a pretty big purchase.

A strat seems like the sensible option, but i'd really like the idea of getting a telecaster; i'd be more than willing to settle for having a humbuckling neck pickup with a single coil bridge. If I were to get a tele, which would you suggest based on the information i've given?
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
The problem is that if you want to buy used, you won't have many options unless you buy online (ebay, etc.). The one I linked to can at least be sent back if you don't like it, guitars from ebay can't.

If you want a telecaster with a neck humbucker and bridge singlecoil, you're pretty much bound to modify the guitar you're going to buy, because there hardly any telecasters that are equipped with such a pickup configuration as standard. The only ones that come to mind are the Fender Vintage Hot Rod and The Framus Renegade Custom II, both being priced at over 1000 pounds new. If you are VERY lucky, you might get one of those off of ebay, but they are rarely seen there and are not likely to be available for 500, even used.

I recommend you look at used Yamaha Pacifica 1511 MS guitars. They have two humbuckers though, so you'd need to replace the bridge pup:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica1511ms_nt.htm

Or you go for a used Fender MIA tele and replace the neck pup with a humbucker. If you want to do so, a good pickup I can recommend is the Duncan Cool Rails. It's a lower output model and is nice for clean and slightly overdriven stuff.
I'd try the guitar with the stock pickups though before buying a new pickup, you maybe won't find it necessary to replace the stock pup at all.
Thanks for the detailed responses I think i'm gonna try a number of different strats and teles in the guitar shops around me and see which feels best. It's likely that I won't make any guitar purchases until the summer, when i'll be back in full time employement. I'll save the Renegade into my favourites though
Gear:
Washburn X50 PRO
Roland Cube 60
No pedals
Quote by MFZBen
I would be more than willing to go used if it meant I could get something better for the money, although I would be a bit sceptical about buying used online, I would have to play it before buying it. After all, it's a pretty big purchase.

A strat seems like the sensible option, but i'd really like the idea of getting a telecaster; i'd be more than willing to settle for having a humbuckling neck pickup with a single coil bridge. If I were to get a tele, which would you suggest based on the information i've given?

lolwut
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by MFZBen
Thanks for the detailed responses I think i'm gonna try a number of different strats and teles in the guitar shops around me and see which feels best. It's likely that I won't make any guitar purchases until the summer, when i'll be back in full time employement. I'll save the Renegade into my favourites though

Cool.

It's best not to rush these things I believe. If you're able to wait, all the better.