Hi, im new here. And I'm also new to songwriting! My english isn't that good, so I don't think I can explain everything as I would like to!
Anyway, I would like som tips from you.

When I try and try to write a riff on my guitar, I always get a boring riff! It's always the same. What I think is, that if I listen to different kinds of music, I will get more ideas than if I'm only listening to a couple of bands or genres. When I listen to classical music like Beethoven, even though I dont like it, I get more ideas! But I still would like to hear more from ''different worlds.'' I mean; Jazz guitarists and bands, blues, classical music and so on.
So, what bands, artists etc. has inspired you? In any way! Lyrics, riffs and so on.

Or maybe other thing does inspire you? Like background noises, like raining or a thunderstorm, whatever, who gives a feeling to the song? I don't know... I haven't got that much experience yet.

I would appreciate(?) it very much if you could help a young ''musican'' like me.
Just listen to lots of differant music, and ask yourself what you love about it. Don't get lost in any bull**** (Is this good enough? Is it original? Will people like it?), If the music is pure and comes from you, your doing it right.
What Slayer1516 said. Listening to different genres is always good. I gather inspiration from anything and everything. From observing the world around me, to watching TV and movies, and even reading books. Hope this helps.
Ok, thank you I guess I'll just have to look around and get inspiration from pretty much everything.
Quote by slayer1516
Just listen to lots of differant music, and ask yourself what you love about it. Don't get lost in any bull**** (Is this good enough? Is it original? Will people like it?), If the music is pure and comes from you, your doing it right.

+1
shred is gaudy music