What company makes the most consistant/reliable guitars? Never had a band ibanez and ive had about 5 guitars and basses. Always flawless.
All companies have there bad apples, regardless, even if you had the best qaulity control in the world, there'd be atleast %1 of the products ship with some kind of fault, and that'd be at the expense of the the company, so really most companies would just sent guitars out that maybe have scractches, dents, bad setups, bad wiring, bad necks etc etc.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
All companies have there bad apples, regardless, even if you had the best qaulity control in the world, there'd be atleast %1 of the products ship with some kind of fault, and that'd be at the expense of the the company, so really most companies would just sent guitars out that maybe have scractches, dents, bad setups, bad wiring, bad necks etc etc.

obviously

but in general and your own personal experience im asking for...

and also in relation to build quality for value for money. you EXPECT a custom 24 to be right.
Jackson has a great QC. So does PRS as previously stated. Higher end B.C. Rich's are good. Deans (specifically razorbacks) are questionable though.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by yanko693
Ormsby. /thread

Hell, this is true. I remember he made a whole new neck because of a tiny finish chip.

But big companies: Jackson, Fender, ESP (for the most part), High end BC Rich (anything that they make in Korea is pretty damn good), and PRS. Definitely not Gibson.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by yanko693
Ormsby. /thread

thats not /threadable
ormsby is a custom shop they have no quality control they just make sure everything is perfect when building
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
thats not /threadable
ormsby is a custom shop they have no quality control they just make sure everything is perfect when building

Where in the thread does it say you can't say custom shops?

Ormsby is a company.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

Quote by kaosfire
Where in the thread does it say you can't say custom shops?

Ormsby is a company.

quality control is mass producing where they inspect for damages done ormsby fixes guitars if mistakes comes during building process
not saying his work isnt fantastic and doesnt deserve to be mentioned
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
quality control is mass producing where they inspect for damages done ormsby fixes guitars if mistakes comes during building process
not saying his work isnt fantastic and doesnt deserve to be mentioned

Quality control is simply that, quality control. There is no limitation to how big your operation has to be.
Quote by Primus2112
I just asked a guestion regarding a music store myth and my thread turns into a discussion about titfucking bagged milk.

well making sure you do it right the first time is what all the companies should do. ormsby ftw.
Quote by kaosfire
Quality control is simply that, quality control. There is no limitation to how big your operation has to be.

ok were both coming from two different definitions of quality control so im going to leave it at that
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by yanko693
well making sure you do it right the first time is what all the companies should do. ormsby ftw.

i was referring to large scale production. if you make mistakes as a luthier its just bad luthier work. Cant remember if i spelled that right im tired.
Quote by pak1351
prs

but also what above post said

+1
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Fender (American Standard range and above), PRS (almost their entire range), ESP (non-LTD ranges), Epiphone Elitist models.

I've yet to find a bad guitar from any of those ranges.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Fender (American Standard range and above), PRS (almost their entire range), ESP (non-LTD ranges), Epiphone Elitist models.

I've yet to find a bad guitar from any of those ranges.

all the CIJ fenders have great QC, as well.

TS : Fender & PRS (imo) have the best QC.

Ibanez isn't bad, but all the ones i really like the feel of have locking trems.
Ibanez Prestige; I haven't tried a lot of high-end guitars... (I imagine ESP, not LTD, and Jackson USAs are just as good though)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by kaosfire

Exactly, and when you're gonna sell a guitar for over 3k, you at least have someone make sure the guitar is flawless. Selling one guitar will pay 3-4 inspectors for the day. Have a bunch of tone nuts sit down and really inspect the guitars. Not some guy give it a quick glace as they slide by.
Quote by Schecter1277
Exactly, and when you're gonna sell a guitar for over 3k, you at least have someone make sure the guitar is flawless. Selling one guitar will pay 3-4 inspectors for the day. Have a bunch of tone nuts sit down and really inspect the guitars. Not some guy give it a quick glace as they slide by.

Tell that to Gibson lmao