Hey Ug

I've been gassing over a few pedals over the last few months, the main kind being a synth pedal. I love the idea of playing funky techno riffs on my bass. I need to know from people who own them, which ones are the best value for money (I know that a good synth can cost alot) and which has the best tonal versatility.

Thanks for the help guys
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
i'd definitly get one, they're a really useful and fun pedal to have. i havn't tried the boss synth pedal but i know they make one and they're gear is usually solid. ive played the digitech one, i usually dont like digitech pedals but the bass synth sounds alright. your best bet would be one from electro harmonix, but be ready to drop a few hundred. it doesnt seem like a lot to me, but i dont know your price range
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
I want to try out the Boss SYB-5 or w/e, but I dunno if I want to pay $150 for a pedal to just fool around with... Would be fun though.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by ChemicalFire
Hey Ug

I've been gassing over a few pedals over the last few months, the main kind being a synth pedal. I love the idea of playing funky techno riffs on my bass. I need to know from people who own them, which ones are the best value for money (I know that a good synth can cost alot) and which has the best tonal versatility.

Thanks for the help guys

if your gonna use it and work with it, then its worth it
otherwise if you are gonna use it for like a month then hardly think about it its not worth it
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Check out the ibanez synth pedal.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I guess it depends on the kind of band you're in/want to be in. I mean if you love Death From Above 1979 or Pendulum and stuff then sure, I can see a synth pedal being useful. But whenever I play one (or even listen to somebody play one), as cool as I find them, I can never quite think how I'd use it in a band scenario.