Hi, at the end of this year (11th school year out of 12), I need to decide which universities I want to consider going to, I have to apply and I need to figure out what I want to study.

Now the thing is that I'm having trouble finding information about the universities.

These are (in order) the universities I chose:

1) Oxford
2) Edinburgh
3) St. Andrews
4) Trinity College Dublin.
5) ?? (maybe bristol)
6) ??

I go to a French school so it's the french Baccalaureat system. I have a British passport.

I need help on gathering information about these universities, espeacially Oxford, is there a site that gathers all necessary information about study possibilities and entry requirements for all UK universities? If so then plz give me the link.

I would also apreciate it if some UGers who attend/have attended one of these universities could PM and tell me what they think about them and give me some info.

or sed me an email: old.bean@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance.
Check the oxford uni website - you can have a prospectus sent to you which will include every detail of every course, as well as all info about the uni itself.

With Oxford there's also 'colleges' within the university, so you also need to choose one of those when applying (though it's not important which you pick).

Each university has separate entry requirements and I can tell you now that Oxford is ALWAYS AAA. For others, it varies, but again, the prospectus will tell you this.
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Most unis will send you a prospectus for free.

Also get a book. Guardian Alternative Universities Guide is good.
Depends what you want to study.

Times good uni guide is a good start point.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
I'm currently at St Andrews. I've heard lots of good things about the language programme here. It's also pretty renowned.

Feel free to fire away specific questions.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
You can only apply to 5 universities through ucas. It used to be 6, but it is now 5.

As said before, just go to all the university websites and order prospectuses. Best thing short of visiting, and reading the prospectus is still a must.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i might study Pilosophy/politics/economy.

I know I need AAA but in the French system there is a rade out of 20, I kno th trquirements for oxford, endinburgh and trinity, I still don't know about st andrews. Right about now, I need to figure out what I want to study so that I can apply in the summer.

hx for the responses so far, any more elp is still apreciated
Quote by thedefrockednun

I know I need AAA but in the French system there is a rade out of 20, I kno th trquirements for oxford, endinburgh and trinity, I still don't know about st andrews. Right about now, I need to figure out what I want to study so that I can apply in the summer.

For Economic, look at LSE? (London School of Economics)

EDIT: I would be careful with Oxford and Cambridge- i got AAAA (in bio, chem, hist and maths) and didn't get in (but that was for Med. so it's harder still). With IB it's even more strict because there is a max. quota for international and EU students.

Depends which kind of people you get on with though - they aren't big cities and the students are up themselves (so i'm told). Makes me kinda glad i didn't go. However, go to either uni and you can effectively write your own cheque.

Best of luck to you
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

Last edited by A8039077 at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by thedefrockednun

Philosophy here is very good as is economics. I don't think St Andrews runs a politics course.
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
thx for the replies, between ednburgh, st andrews and trinity, which is the best and which is he least good?
Check the Times university guide?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles

Quote by freedoms_stain
Quote by thedefrockednun
thx for the replies, between ednburgh, st andrews and trinity, which is the best and which is he least good?

Edinburgh and Dublin are great cities. St.Andrew's is a bit out of the way. I recommend the cities lol
Quote by dudius

i'd heartily recommend applying to oxford - even if you don't get in the experience is fantastic. just had my interview yesterday and i'm so glad i applied. it's quite something to be surrounded by insanely intelligent people for a few days.
If you can't find the oxford uni website then you're not Oxford material
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
TS, you do know that Oxford has loads of different colleges? It's not just Oxford. Depending on what you want to do, there will be colleges in the university best suited to you.

Also, don't think about Oxbridge unless you're going to get all As at A level. Also, they don't accept A Levels like Sociology, Law, Film Studies, Media Studies, Business Studies. Just so you know.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Stormx
Most unis will send you a prospectus for free.

Also get a book. Guardian Alternative Universities Guide is good.

or the sunday times good uni guide.
Quote by freddaahh
Also, don't think about Oxbridge unless you're going to get all As at A level. Also, they don't accept A Levels like Sociology, Law, Film Studies, Media Studies, Business Studies. Just so you know.
my friend just got an AAB offer and i just got an offer for english taking sociology.

please don't discourage applicants with poor advice.
Don't pay too much attention to the times university guide, look up specific departments and see how they're rated for teaching and research.

ie, Stirling university might not come very high generally, but it has excellent English, history and philosophy departments. That's just an example, but you get my point.

Also, go to a pretty university (you've pricked 5 pretty ones anyway, so that's not a problem) but i'd suggest that for anyone. Going to a pretty university is just ace.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish