Hello there,

I want to buy that Sam Tottman Iceman....

this one

My budget would be around that 700 Euro,some 850 dollars. Which is the price of this Iceman.

I would like to play neoclassical metal with it...

My current guitar is an Ibanez GRG270...
My other gear is just a Spider III amp and a Boss Gt10.

My playing skills are pretty good I guess, for 2 year of constant training and music lessons.( Ill later upload something to that profile section)

But besides that, could you give me some opinions of why should I buy this or maybe there is something better for my taste...
Everyone is going to tell you no, change your amp first.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
So what should I get, in that price range?

And I think that all of UG has something against Line6, but in one way or another Ill get a Bugera Half Stack or something...
I love the look, that is why i would go for the standard, not the totman. I mean, why would you want a guitar designed for a guy who used a $400 guitar up until two yearsago? he doesnt care about the guitar he uses. therefor it was cheaply made. Unlike hermans
Check out the Bugera 333xl. I hear it recommended a lot. Otherwise can't help.
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Bugera 333XL sounds quite nice actually

I think i like Bugera better than Mesa...

Btw, my amp for me is like a giant speaker, all the distortions or clean sounds are through Gt10
Last edited by Knuxus at Dec 6, 2008,
Unless you're out gigging or recording professionally, don't worry about the amp yet. If you're playing an extremely complicated style like that, go ahead and buy a really nice guitar to make everything a little easier/more comfortable. Nobody wants to shred on a crap guitar. The only thing is, don't get that signature model. It's wayyy overpriced and is only different from a normal iceman with the trem (I think...do other ones have it?). You should look at some other guitars, but stick with Ibanez because you're most likely better off with the super thin neck and all that jazz. And I'm no Ibanez fanboy, so you can be sure I'm not on some bandwagon here.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
Unless you're out gigging or recording professionally, don't worry about the amp yet. If you're playing an extremely complicated style like that, go ahead and buy a really nice guitar to make everything a little easier/more comfortable. Nobody wants to shred on a crap guitar. The only thing is, don't get that signature model. It's wayyy overpriced and is only different from a normal iceman with the trem (I think...do other ones have it?). You should look at some other guitars, but stick with Ibanez because you're most likely better off with the super thin neck and all that jazz. And I'm no Ibanez fanboy, so you can be sure I'm not on some bandwagon here.

Thanks for the amp opinion, but if there is something outside of Ibanez to worth my while, i would enjoy trying it for the sake of music...if it fits into the comfortable category of neoclassical style...
I agree with Sid McCall - if you're happy with your current tone, grab a new guitar, it could progress your playing a bit, in the same right though - the spider is an amp that is easy to play fast one, if you upgraded amps you could really help your playing because of increased definition, and making it easier to hear your mistakes.

What kind gigs do you play right now?

Oh and about the guitar, I really like it, but personally don't like to have someone else's name on my gear. I don't have Sam Totman's hands, so I don't want his gear. Also, the markup is huge because of his name.

And, consider using the GT-10 as just an fx processor if you get a new amp... use it as maybe an OD (if the sounds are MUCH better than the GT8), and for like, modulation and time-based effects. To my ears the distortions and everything just aren't up to par.

BUT, if you feel like using the GT-10, and want to use your amp as a speaker considering getting something like the Atomic Amps reactor, which is just essentially a big tube powered speaker. It's designed to use your MFX, and sounds a hell of a lot better htan a multifx running through the preamp of a normal amp. (yuck)

EDIT: link: http://www.atomicamps.com/products-212-50.html they're so cool
Last edited by the-patient at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by the-patient
I agree with Sid McCall - if you're happy with your current tone, grab a new guitar, it could progress your playing a bit, in the same right though - the spider is an amp that is easy to play fast one, if you upgraded amps you could really help your playing because of increased definition, and making it easier to hear your mistakes.

What kind gigs do you play right now?

Oh and about the guitar, I really like it, but personally don't like to have someone else's name on my gear. I don't have Sam Totman's hands, so I don't want his gear. Also, the markup is huge because of his name.

And, consider using the GT-10 as just an fx processor if you get a new amp... use it as maybe an OD (if the sounds are MUCH better than the GT8), and for like, modulation and time-based effects. To my ears the distortions and everything just aren't up to par.

BUT, if you feel like using the GT-10, and want to use your amp as a speaker considering getting something like the Atomic Amps reactor, which is just essentially a big tube powered speaker. It's designed to use your MFX, and sounds a hell of a lot better htan a multifx running through the preamp of a normal amp. (yuck)

Well, right now im playing every maiden song and solo possible, for my level of course (there's a list of what should you play to practice this or that, here on UG, im trying to play at least 3 of each category), a lot of deep purple and hendrix solos, a lot of power metal as well, and try to scratch that yngwie or gilbert surface but my cheap guitar the tone is not that good like on the others i play at stores or friends.
Last edited by Knuxus at Dec 6, 2008,
It sounds to me like you're ready to move onto a new guitar then man .

I got a new guitar before I got a new amp, and I had a ****ty old SS Yorkville with no models, and a boss DS-1.

I wouldn't change that for a second either.

To be honest, I'd recommend trying every type of guitar, from Tele to super strat. Every store has a Spider, so you can really get a feel for what you're gonna sound like at home. Buy what sounds and feels best. I used to be an Ibanez guy, but now I'm 100% for PRS, and I recommend you the PRS CE series, AMAZING guitar for the price.

They don't play quite as fast as an Ibanez, but I find bending and having good vibrato are a lot easier. You learn to play fast on them too, in a hurry.

The big bonus about them, is that the tone is a lot thicker than an ibanez tone, and i find it much more versatile (les paul, to single coil strat sound and everything in between)

EDIT: errr... PRS SE series, the CE is like $2500
Last edited by the-patient at Dec 6, 2008,
PRS, only Paul Allender guitar or that Tremonti guitar seem nice to me, all the other just dont fit the look for me...
I can't believe people actually buy this guitar. Does no one else notice that it looks like a penis?
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
I can't believe people actually buy this guitar. Does no one else notice that it looks like a penis?

It has a very stylish body, and that down is to impress the ladies, i guess
you should check out LTD guitars too if youre into metal guitars. i have a mh-100 that i got a long time ago it was cheap and plays nice. you can get a m-400 for like 500 and it comes with emg pups