I tried one today, and I was pleasantly surprised. It played well but had a somewhat trumpet-like sound. What do you people think of these basses? What are they known to be used for?

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
Quote by GuitarGuy1994
I tried one today, and I was pleasantly surprised. It played well but had a somewhat trumpet-like sound. What do you people think of these basses? What are they known to be used for?

I heard a guy play a five string ESP LTD once. Sounded muddy, not good for slap. Heard an expensive Japanese ESP, which sounded delicious.
I've only ever played an LTD TA-200, and it was ok, but the 35" scale and the inlay on the first fret threw me right off. Nice basses from what i understand though.
Quote by GuitarGuy1994

I play both trumpet and bass, and I cant say I've ever heard a bass that sounded remotely like a trumpet or had that type of tone, except maybe on a really really bad amp. From what I've played though, the ESP's can have a nice tone, depending on the style of music/amp being used.
Quote by Lomu
If you want a good AV get something like Norton 360

Do you agree with that guy? That's why we have the Computer Thread. Use it.
Well, most LTDs are overpriced, just like their guitar counterparts. I own a B-155, it was nice at first, but I've had trouble with the electronics, the build quality etc. The pickups are pretty much meh and I'm not gonna start ranting about the bridge. Sure looks nice though.
Maruszczyk Jake X Redburst
Woodo B5x Aboyna Burl
Ashdown MAG300H + Ashdown 1x15 (Eminence Delta 15)

Believing Carlos!
i got an ltd 5 string (B_55) and its pretty awesome for just about everything
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7