I finally got a phone, and I'm fortunate enough to have my parents pay for it every month. Texting costs 20 cents each text, and so right now it's blocked. It would cost $5 each month to have 250 texts, which would cost 2 cents each instead of 20 cents each.

Is it worth it? Most of my friends ask if I have texting, then get pissed because I don't have it.
If you're going to use it, you might as well pay the $5.
Quote by bigwillie
CornLord, you just blew my mind.
haha sucks to be you, we got $10 bucks for 2000 texts :3
My gear so far >.>
Schecter Synyster standard
crappy BC rich bronze series warlock
Vox AD15VT-XL

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
That all depends on a few things. First, and most important, how many friends do you have that text? If you know alot of people with texting, it's definitely worth it. (especially if you have a gf who texts haha, that'd quickly run up your bill). Also, depending on how much texting you end up doing, you might want to get the unlimited package. In the end, its all personal preference though, so get it based on how often you think you'll use texting.
I have unlimited and average 2,500 texts a month.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Just do the math. You get charged for received texts too. So if you're going to be sending/receiving more than 25 texts a month, it's worth it to spend the $5.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
This is why I love prepaid, if you run out of credit, no big. And in Australia, TXTing works out fairly cheap with most major phone companies on prepaid, Telstra has 1c text, and Optus you get $170 credit for $30 (Optus is better imo)
But get it switched on, texting is uber useful.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I was in the same situation. Go with more than 250 a month it gets really expensive when you go over.
I have $20 for unlimited. Its obviously much cheaper to pay the $5, and if you use it alot, pay for as many as you need. Its really useful, cheaper than actual calls, and you can talk to people in otherwise silent enviroments (class if your sneaky) or privatly if you need to.
i text quite a bit so i pay 15$ per month for unlimeted texting and 25$ a month unlimeted minutes. Depeds how many friends you got...
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

I text like a feind to my girlfriend and a few of my friends, so I have unlimited. Its like 20 bucks a month, and its a saviour.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
oh is america into texting now, we in the Uk were doing it in like 1997. A friend in DC said that those bleeper messages were popular until recently
Quote by geetarguy13
I finally got a phone, and I'm fortunate enough to have my parents pay for it every month. Texting costs 20 cents each text, and so right now it's blocked. It would cost $5 each month to have 250 texts, which would cost 2 cents each instead of 20 cents each.

Is it worth it? Most of my friends ask if I have texting, then get pissed because I don't have it.

Dude ifs ****ing $5 for 250 texts... think for yourself.
Texting is almost a given nowadays, you definitely should include it in your plan. Especially so that you can text while you drive, using your knees to guide the wheel. (This seriously happens frequently with people I know?)
Your Signature:
Definitely worth it, i have $15 a month for unlimited, I used to have 1500 or something and used them all in the first 2 weeks of every month
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
without texting, i would probably never get anything organized, and lose contact with everyone and become a reclusive hermit living in a stinking hovel.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
What services are you guys on?

I have At&T and it's like 50 facking dollars for Unlimited.
if you have friends then yes.
Setup..:
Fender Roadhouse Strat
Fender Hotrod Deluxe amp
BOSS DS-2
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by garrett5
What services are you guys on?

I have At&T and it's like 50 facking dollars for Unlimited.

I have Verizon, it's $10
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
wow we get free texts...
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
youre gonna get additcted to texting and then have to get the unlimited plan. i can now text without looking, thanks to my unlimited plan.
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
i have 15 for unlimited, lets see...
today i sent over 200
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010