I am making out a christmas list, and I am wanting to put a wah pedal on it. I just am lost to find the right one. I need something that is as versatile as possible. I don't want something off the charts expensive though.

I was looking at maybe

Fulltone clyde
Dunlop 535q (iffy on this one, I've heard both good and bad)
Dunlop Slash wah?

any suggestions?
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
The Fulltone Clyde is awesome but doesn't really sound much like a Crybaby. Idk what kind of tone you want.

I don't want to judge or anything... but uh... if you're if you're not particularly obsessive compulsive about your tone there is little point in buying a $250 handbuilt wah. and I'm not usually part of the "buy a new amp" brigade, but it might not be worth your money to buy a boutique wah if you're going to be using it with a Zakk Wylde microstack...
Quote by al112987
The Fulltone Clyde is awesome but doesn't really sound much like a Crybaby. Idk what kind of tone you want.

I don't want to judge or anything... but uh... if you're if you're not particularly obsessive compulsive about your tone there is little point in buying a $250 handbuilt wah. and I'm not usually part of the "buy a new amp" brigade, but it might not be worth your money to buy a boutique wah if you're going to be using it with a Zakk Wylde microstack...

Haha. I agree, but the thing is, I have a Peavey Classic 30 now. Sorry, I didn't update until a minute ago because I have just been un banned. So I'm not using the ZW stack anymore.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

The morley bad horsie is one of the greatest for under 120 $, vox one also, both better than crybabies in much situations, I've got a 95Q And seriously the volume knob is pretty much always on 10 while the EQ is a useless ****.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
Haha ok. My bad.

But anyway. Is there any particular type of tone you're looking for? As Clyde McCoy wahs sound much different from Crybabys (btw, don't buy the Slash model, you could buy an original crybaby, DPDT switch and fasel, or the Crybaby classic model for much less)
Quote by al112987
Haha ok. My bad.

But anyway. Is there any particular type of tone you're looking for? As Clyde McCoy wahs sound much different from Crybabys (btw, don't buy the Slash model, you could buy an original crybaby, DPDT switch and fasel, or the Crybaby classic model for much less)

I'm looking for something very versatile. Here's some of the tones I'm after

A Slash solo wah tone
Steve Vai wah tone (think FTLOG solo)
Zakk Wylde type wah sound (in case I feel like pentatonics )
and clean wah sounds

Also, I would like to be able to use it as a tone booster. (do you know what I mean? like just leaving it on one position.)
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

Quote by Chance125
I am making out a christmas list, and I am wanting to put a wah pedal on it. I just am lost to find the right one. I need something that is as versatile as possible. I don't want something off the charts expensive though.

I was looking at maybe

Fulltone clyde
Dunlop 535q (iffy on this one, I've heard both good and bad)
Dunlop Slash wah?

any suggestions?

Get a Dunlop Original Wah then mod it.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Get a Dunlop Original Wah then mod it.

I'm not sure I really feel comfortable with doing that. I would rather just buy something with the specs I need, but that's just me.

Although I appreciate your advice.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull

The Crybaby classic might be good for you then. The Clyde McCoy is really for people who want that really vocal wah tone (think Hendrix)
Quote by al112987
The Crybaby classic might be good for you then. The Clyde McCoy is really for people who want that really vocal wah tone (think Hendrix)

I think you are right. I looked up the Crybaby Classic, and I believe that is what I am looking for. I am still open to suggestions though. Thanks al.
PRS SE Singlecut
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Seagull