I'm starting to get into the synth and electronic stuff and i just wanted to know what the midi controllers are used for? I just dont get it and can you please give me some examples of what can I do with one of these.
can anybody help me?
they are used to control soft synths or sound modules mostly, they can also control efects and mixing and various other things.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
They can control software synthesizers and sequencers, real synthesizers and sequencers, or pretty much any midi device.

For example, you purchase a rackmount synthesizer with no keyboard. You plug in a midi controller to play it.

Another example is if you have a software synthesizer you can play it with a midi controller.
Quote by blackborrego
I'm starting to get into the synth and electronic stuff and i just wanted to know what the midi controllers are used for? I just dont get it and can you please give me some examples of what can I do with one of these.
can anybody help me?

midi controllers are just any instrument (normally keyboard) which can be the interface for either other instruments (normally keyboards) or direct to the pc to transmit midi data
so like an example if I have a microkorg and a random drum machine I can control them both with a midi?
Quote by blackborrego
so like an example if I have a microkorg and a random drum machine I can control them both with a midi?

yeah, but you'd need a patchbay. also depends on the drum machine, not all of them have MIDI I/O (but most do)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm