Not really the worst, but pretty bad and I'm sure most of you will get a kick out of it.

So my band got asked to join a bill at the school 2 out of 3 of us attend and figured, "Hey, why not?".

When we asked the organizers what kind of music the other bands were playing, they changed the subject and went on.

So we haven't gigged in 2 months and spent all of Friday and today rehearsing etc. We packed most of our gear into a pickup truck that our friend Eric owned and went over to the college. Parking was non-existent, and all of the flyers said to use lots 10 or 11. Well, neither of these lots had spots so we had to drive on the sidewalk to load in. Not a big deal. After we unload our gear, Eric takes his truck to go park. We specifically warn him that the campus police are anal about parking violations, so even if he has to walk a mile, park in a designated zone. We even joked "How funny would it be if you parked in the wrong spot and got towed?"

Show starts, low and behold someone thought it'd be hysterical to book a death metal band (us) to open for four ska bands (all of whom thought they were rock stars and showed up hours late). Not only was this funny, but we were also the only band not getting paid. When I asked why, the answer was a lie and it was clear that these super cool kids put the show together for themselves with only themselves in mind. Sick! Obviously the crowd didn't really like the music at all, so I took the chance to get into conversation about how much I like to cry and make out with my bassist while cutting myself. The dozens of man-things wearing skin tight jeans with visible scars on their wrists didn't think it was funny. We get through the set and it was probably the worst show we ever did. Crowd had zero interest whatsoever and people looked at us like freaks, but that's alright.

None of this was that big of a deal, at least it was over right? We send Eric to go get his truck so we could just leave.

Two minutes later, Eric shows up... But he's still walking.

Us - "Uhh.... wheres the truck?"
Eric - "It's gone."
Us - "What the **** do you mean its GONE?"
Eric - "I think I might've been towed..."
Us - "Why? You parked in lot 11 where you were supposed to! What the hell?"
Eric - "Well, my spot was taken so I kind of parked in a handicapped spot...'
Us - :various screams and angry sounds: ARE YOU ****ING STUPID? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? THERE WERE OTHER LOTS 10 FEET AWAY!"
Eric - "I didn't think I'd get towed for parking in a handicap spot!"

So we call public safety and they had the truck towed to a local yard.. Okay, we can handle this. We get to the place to find out that its closed. We call the guy who owns it and he offers us a "Deal" that for $200 he can get the truck out (mind you, all he had to do was move his tow truck 15 feet so there was enough space for the pickup to get out) or else we had to wait until noon on Monday to pay $150 anyway. God, I had no idea it would cost this much. Already wanting to kick Eric in the face, I say "dude, you need the truck or we can't get home" He agrees to pay the fine.

After I hang up I ask "so are we going to an ATM?" Eric informs me that he doesn't have a ATM card and will pay me back for the $200 I was about to take out of my bank for him. My eyes twitched a little, but I had no choice. I went and emptied my Christmas funds for the truck. I now have $47 to my name.

We have the money and are waiting in the lot for the guy that "Had to go out of his way to come give us the truck" (said the owner of the shop, this is why we had to pay $50 more). Then we notice something funny. The guy who had to "go out of his way" lived NEXT DOOR to the shop. He had to WALK OUT HIS FRONT DOOR and was paid $50 for it. EXCELLENT! We get the truck, hand over the money and head back to the college to get our gear. Once we get there, we notice the $100 parking ticket on Eric's windshield in addition to the $200 for the towing.

Pretty much the worst gig night I've ever had. I'm not whining or self-pitying either, simply sharing.
Last edited by Gordita Supreme at Dec 6, 2008,
wall of text
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
what a ****ty night
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
what song did you guys play

did it involve blood
i like broccoli and long drives at the beach on my segway
That sucks man. Tow truck people are assholes...
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Quote by heaven's gate
"Your" "friend" is an idiot.

Why is your quoted?

Quote by Rockoz
what song did you guys play

did it involve blood

Well.. I introduced the songs as numerous things.

"This song is about a break-up and it makes me cry. It's very close to my heart."
"This is a song about how hard life is and how crying makes it better."
"This song is about killing children"
"This is a song about homosexual experimentation. I like to kiss my bassist... and my drummer. This song is also about crying."
The $50 dollars was likely a jack-up.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
I thought for sure I was going to get Bel-Aired, and I'm almost disappointed I didnt. You should really get more solid confirmations and plan better, lots of crap like that can be avoided.
Your Signature:
Quote by justinrobbins7
I thought for sure I was going to get Bel-Aired, and I'm almost disappointed I didnt. You should really get more solid confirmations and plan better, lots of crap like that can be avoided.

Usually, yes. People not telling me any details about the show? What could I have done? Oh, nothing.

Friend being an idiot? I didn't have him on a leash, I didn't know he parked in a handicap spot.
Well at least you got some time to make fun of skin-cutters/wearers of tight jeans.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I ate KFC ( a buffalo snacker to be presice) , got sick, stayed at a friends anyways for about 6 hours, started puking, barely got home (puked in my local canal) and now i'm sitting here like a douche knowing tommorow is ruined.
Quote by MarkWolf
I ate KFC ( a buffalo snacker to be presice) , got sick, stayed at a friends anyways for about 6 hours, started puking, barely got home (puked in my local canal) and now i'm sitting here like a douche knowing tommorow is ruined.

That shouldn't have made you sick. Buffalo Snakcers should make you orgasm.

I'm sorry, but you have AIDS.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
That shouldn't have made you sick. Buffalo Snakcers should make you orgasm.

I'm sorry, but you have AIDS.

Tell me about it...its a shame such a delicious (and small) sandwitch can cause so much harm.... =|
Awww.

I spent today trying to put a homemade pickup in my Rogue acoustic.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Well, if it makes you feel any better...
You could either be: a) A starving African child about to be abducted by Madonna;
b) A constant dweller of the Pit who would have stayed home that Saturday night anyway;
or c) One of the aforementioned tights wearing wrist slitters.

But still, that sounded like one hell of a crappy night. If I could, I would send you a shiny e-dollar for you bank account.

In fact, I know scenario b) sounds somewhat familiar...