So I got a band together and we wanna do some heavy stuff (no nu-metal, thanks), that's not too complicated. There's one guitarist (me), a bassist and a drummer.

We want something heavy as fu*k, yet easy to play as a band.

(btw, is there a Black Label Society song, which doesn't go past drop D, only uses one guitar, and doesn't have a hard solo? I could probably learn the solo if I tried but I couldn't perform it live...)

Thanks for any suggestions.
I'm in a Post-Hardcore band and I'm the only guitarist. I use two amps to make my sound more defined. You could do that and play some heavy chords with some octaves and dissonant notes and it's be pretty good.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by Dark_Raven10
I'm in a Post-Hardcore band and I'm the only guitarist. I use two amps to make my sound more defined. You could do that and play some heavy chords with some octaves and dissonant notes and it's be pretty good.

Haha yeah, but I already have an octave pedal for that.

Quote by steve3773
how do you use two amps at once

Thinking about it.. how do you use 2 amps at once?
what about walk by pantera? sounds perfect for your situation. the solo might be something for you though, i dont know.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Quote by Shadow_Hawk
what about walk by pantera? sounds perfect for your situation. the solo might be something for you though, i dont know.

Added to songlist :P

Any more?
Dimmu Borgir's Perfection or Vanity? Maybe too easy, it's pretty much just plain powerchords in terms of guitar at least, but you can always try spicing it up a bit yourself and might be a good start if it's literally your first time playing together as a band.

Lots of songs by Iced Earth sound very heavy and are fairly easy to play, as long as you're good at rhythm... Not too sure how well would any of it sound without either vocals or a second guitar, though. Try looking up some songs on youtube, perhaps they'll strike your fancy. Angel's Holocaust, Last December, Damien - here's some titles that might fit the bill for you.

ACDC's Highway to Hell is something I'd suggest too, perhaps not "really" heavy compared to some of the modern bands, but it's pretty damn catchy and it's a classic worth learning anyway.
Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Hatebreed is pure, straight-forward heavy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.