Page 1 of 3
Post what guitar shapes/bodies you don't like.

For me, I don't like the heads on fenders or flying V guitars.
Dean headstocks and pretty much everything on a strat.
To me:
Quote by crazy8rgood

In fact, I almost ALWAYS agree with YourDad.

Quote by itchy guitar
One of the best replies ever.

In the same thread

Do you love Arsis?
I don't like Matthew Bellamy's guitar. A Manson or something. It's just blah.
Schecter Synyster Gates custom or standard, hate shape, like sound and headstock.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Anything by Schecter. Nothing against the company, I just really don't care for any of their designs.
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
I like Schecter C-1 plus's color and shape, but hate that my brother's is the only one without coil tap.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Platinum Pro
i don't like the searchbar body style all that well...

+1, its just garish
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Most BC Rich, Deans ,jacksons , ESP's, etc. extreme styles pretty much.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
i hate telecasters and firebirds

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Not big on Les Paul double cuts visually
And it's a betch to play Vs sitting down
If you laugh at this I get to have sex with you.
Click here to see the most beautiful guitar imaginable.
Quote by Jeltz
Sukman_Jr: Going on a trip to Finmark in Norway is a bad idea aswell! Beware of Nazi-zombies!
I don't dislike Les Pauls, but everyone loves them. I think they're pretty average-looking.

I don't care for Telecasters, some Jacksons (IDK specific models), or anything by BC Rich. When I was younger, I loved BCR shapes, then bought one, and then hated it :\
Quote by david9d5
i hate telecasters and firebirds

those are my favourite!

for me id say anything from dean.
Quote by schecter ftw

/thread

hell this...
I also don't like
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I really dont like the large semi hollow body guitars, dots, gretches and gibsons... they are kinda gross
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
The reverse V is THE single worst body shape... EVER.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Tele headstocks and any type of BC rich other than V's.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Explorers are hideous. Thunderbirds/Firebirds too. They all look like mistakes. I also don't really like the Strat Shape.
Quote by NemX162
Explorers are hideous. Thunderbirds/Firebirds too. They all look like mistakes. I also don't really like the Strat Shape.

What do you like?
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I don't like most single-cuts. Except Gretsches.

'Extreme' shapes. You know the sort, the UlTrA-Br00TaLLz sort.

Most Vs are cool though.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Dec 7, 2008,
Quote by USAPeavey
Anything by Schecter. Nothing against the company, I just really don't care for any of their designs.

I rly don't like many of the Schecter body styles except the C-1's, but damn if their finishes aren't amazing.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
telecasters are just plain ugly
Gear:
Gibson Vintage Mahogany LP
Line 6 Echo Park
Peavey Classic 30
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
Vox V847A Wahwah pedal
I guess I'll break the trend here. I don't like anything that's not pointy, V shaped, or similar.
I don't like alot of the extreme guitar shapes (Randy Rhoads V... even though I love Randy ) the ESP explorers turn me off too. I like the ESP M series though, mainly cause of the reversed pointed headstock as far as looks go. Strange?
I personally don't like "V"-shaped guitars. I do happen to have a room full of BC Rich guitars that I love, and also love the Les Paul shape. Just never really dug the "V". Play some cool stuff on it, and I'll listen, just don't want to own one.
mustangs
dean guitars, all of them
B.C rich guitars
Without spiritual mentoring, too much freedom can lead to the soul's decay
- Prince
Pretty much any B.C. Rich except the strat-shapes and the Mockingbirds. I personally hate most "br00talz" guitars, though there are some I love, but those have debatable br00tality.

Most Deans too; even the ones that are copies of guitars I like the shape of I hate because of that headstock that looks like it wants the attention the body is supposed to get.

EVERY FREAKING ONE OF PRINCE'S CUSTOM GUITARS. Seriously, you make up a letter, then feel the need to have a guitar made of it?

Also, V's. Offset ones like the Jackson RR included. Just never liked their feel. Ironically I love the Corvus though.

And pretty much every br00talz guitar like the Ibanez Xiphos. Your hands and the stuff coming out of your speakers should be the attention-grabbers, not the thing your hitting metal strings that are pulled over it with your hands and a piece of plastic.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I dislike BCR and ESP bodies styles just because i think they're overrated since most buyers think that they are going to sound like their idols.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by guitarboy48
telecasters are just plain ugly

i second that. they kinda look like they had an idea for a shape, but the guy who drew it lost his drawing arm right before he drew it.

anything more extreme looking than a razorback starts to look goofy.
I don't care for extreme body shapes like an ironbird. The Razorback is about as extreme as I like.

Also I don't like the star bodies whoever made in the 80's. I love Dean ML's, but any other star body is hideous...
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I hate SG's, Telecasters and those huge big hollowbodys. I dont mind spiky guitars as long as they dont look ridiculous. (I'm lookin at you BC Rich)
Quote by Flux'D
I love Dean ML's, but any other star body is hideous...
Is that what an ML is supposed to look like? I always thought it was a V with slouching shoulders and its arm raised. I could personally never really get into all those weird shapes.
My gear:
Flannel shirt
band
Page 1 of 3