I need a video lessons DVD which is focused on scales, soloing, and speed building. Something that teaches the scales and is good to play along with.

A music theory DVD would also be nice..
In terms of theory you should check out the "The Crusade" articles on this website, once you understand that you'll have a good grasp of the theory side of soloing. For speed building you should check out the FAQs in the Advanced Techniques forum.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I've given up on reading stuff, I don't get anywhere with it. I need something to follow along with. I have ADD so maybe thats why, plus I never understand half the stuff thats on the writeups.
Tough, you can't learn scales from a video - they're something you can only understand with old fashioned studying.

Videos only really help with technique issues or learning specific songs, music theory is neither visual or physical therefore there's nothing a video can show you, it's all about your ears and your brain.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes but if someone explains theory on a writeup, can't someone explain it in a video? It would help when a person says this is why its the key of C, or this is why we do this and that.
Not really, because most of learning theory is just that, having to knuckle down and learn it. All a video can do is explain things in exactly the same way as a written article can - it can't understand it for you. There's no added benefit to having it on video like you get from trying to learn specific techniques and can actually see how it's done because there's nothing to "see" with theory.

All that happens if you try to learn theory from videos is that you just take it as read that whatever the instructor said is "right" rather than actually understanding it for yourself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by ldiablo233
I've given up on reading stuff, I don't get anywhere with it. I need something to follow along with. I have ADD so maybe thats why, plus I never understand half the stuff thats on the writeups.

Take your meds, get a dictionary and start studying; even with a video you'd never understand it unless you sat down and studied it.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.