My left wrist hurts when I turn my hand any direction, and I think it might be from wrong posture when playing guitar. When I play the guitar it only hurts a little bit in the position it is in. By the way I'm right handed if this helps for suggestions or solutions, so masturbation jokes won't work here. It wasn't hurting this morning when I woke up, I think it started to hurt since 3:00pm today but then again it might not be from playing guitar but who knows, I have been playing gow 2 today for like 7 hours, but I game all the time and it never does this, it is annoying. When I turn my hand, I feel a sharp pain in my wrist like it needs to crack but it doesn't, like there is tension in there when i turn it as well. anybody got an ideas? or maybe you know if it is from playing guitar? when I play, my wrist is bent at like a 45-55 degree angle.
Last edited by Who Sh0t Ya HxO at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by RockInPeaceDime
Carpal tunnel doesn't just pop up overnight.

How do you know?

Are you carpal tunnel?
I dunno, just rest your arm for a bit and don't play any videogames or guitar for awhile. If it keeps hurting go to the doctor.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Rest it a few days, see what happens
if it still hurts, see a doctor
you dont wanna hurt yourself
And my balls itch...

Harden the f*ck up!
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Same thing happened to me recently with the whole wrist thing. Turned out to be tendinitis, had to keep my left wrist in a splint to keep it from moving for a few days. May be the same case for you, TS.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
instant mash nice post it made me lol, but anyway it feels like its about to break when I bend my wrist to the left even just a little, and btw shredder im not emo, i don't like emos, emo music sucks and etc, and w/e else criticism there is for emos.
Tendonitis in your wrist! I have it too, it comes and goes. I wear a wrist brace when I have the pain to keep my wrist in it's "neutral" position.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Siege of Power
Rest it a few days, see what happens
if it still hurts, see a doctor
you dont wanna hurt yourself

This.
Alright man, I'll explain this the best I can, take the top's of your hand (oppisite side of your palm) and press them together tightly for one minute, then tap your wrist on the sore hand, try to tap between the 2 little bone things where you get your pulse from, if you feel a sensation run through your finger's, there's a good chance you have carpel, and if that's the case, just keep your wrist straight for 3 week's, or see a dr. if that's how you roll.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
i masturbate with my left hand to
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by xXx_mosh
Alright man, I'll explain this the best I can, take the top's of your hand (oppisite side of your palm) and press them together tightly for one minute, then tap your wrist on the sore hand, try to tap between the 2 little bone things where you get your pulse from, if you feel a sensation run through your finger's, there's a good chance you have carpel, and if that's the case, just keep your wrist straight for 3 week's, or see a dr. if that's how you roll.

nah man my fingers don't hurt at all, just the left side of my left wrist, so when I turn my left wrist right side up, it doesnt hurt much at all, but my left side up it feels like its about to break like i said before.
Quote by -HillZ-
i masturbate with my left hand to

I use my right hand, good thing my left wrist is hurting.
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
nah man my fingers don't hurt at all, just the left side of my left wrist, so when I turn my left wrist right side up, it doesnt hurt much at all, but my left side up it feels like its about to break like i said before.

No, it has nothing to do with your finger's, carpal has to do with a nerve getting pinched, and this is just a do it yourself test to see if it could be carpal tunnel, this happened to me last year, and I wrecked my car cos' of it.

Edit:Btw, if you do this and tap your wrist, your finger's won't hurt, you'll just feel a weird feeling shoot through your finger's.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
ID LIKE TO SHAG A GOAT WHILST DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN... but they dont let me do that!!!
Quote by Who Sh0t Ya HxO
I use my right hand, good thing my left wrist is hurting.

Yer people think im weird, ima right handed who wanks with there left...
but im awesome so it makes up for everything i do wrong
Quote by donkey the wise
biggest pwnage in this thread yet. congrats good sir!

Quote by potcorn56
ooooo your so kinky!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a pain that comes and goes
but someimes not even when im playing guitar
usually it just goes away over night....or sometimes it just goes away

i dunno
if it gets really bad then go to the doctor
but id just stop playing guitar
for a while and see how it goes
in like 2 days
You should see a docter!
The pain you explain, is the same as it started by me...
Now they say ive got Carpal tunnel syndrome,and have to wear a wrist brace when I think im gonna over use my wrist,try to rest for about 2 weeks,if the pain is still on,go see a docter.
My docter is looking for a fysiotherapist that has expiriences with musicians,so were gonna try that first,if it doesnt work out, I should need a surgery, and I can tell you Its sucks.
So dont let it come so far!
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I dunno, just rest your arm for a bit and don't play any videogames or guitar for awhile. If it keeps hurting go to the doctor.

better yet just throw the video games out. just rest it a bit for a day, when the pain stops, dont go straight back, just play like 10 mins at a time, have 10 minute break, play 10 mins.... etc. carpal tunnel's inherited as well.