I've heard of people doing this. They will take several amp models and string them together so say for example the guitar will go through a fender amp then a vox then come out a marshall.
Is this fact or fiction?
Anyone know how this is done?
you could A/B/C 3 amps at once
IDK about anything else though
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
You're either talking about running amps in stereo or re-amping (aka amp slaving). Running amps in stereo is done with an A/B/Y box, and reamping can be done with an attenuator or a device to bring an amp to line level.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
You're either talking about running amps in stereo or re-amping (aka amp slaving). Running amps in stereo is done with an A/B/Y box, and reamping can be done with an attenuator or a device to bring an amp to line level.

English please?

I do this kinda. I run a Marshall into a Hartke bass amp because the power amp in the Marshall is blown, and it's a valvestate, so it sounds pretty **** on its own, with the bass amp it can sound pretty tubey sometimes.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I don't know if you can run it 3 ways but its called 'slaving'. It allows you to run a preamp through the power amp of a different amplifier. I am not sure how its done as i have never really looked into it but I think its something the do with the return effects loop.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD