ok, right now, i'm looking to get a delay and a wah sometime after Christmas. Now, i want high quality pedals, so i'm thinking about the Boss DD-20 and the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah. I dont have a question about the quality of these products, both are awesome, but dangit! do i need to spend that much money to get high quality stuff? both of those pedals will be like $500, which is a great deal of cash for just two pedals. anyway,, just thot that id throw that out there.

sam
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
For that much money I would just get a floor processor. Like the new line 6 or a BOSS multi-effects floor processor.
Quote by silversoulcage
For that much money I would just get a floor processor. Like the new line 6 or a BOSS multi-effects floor processor.

are you getting the DD-20 for the features? if not, i would consider an analog delay...and yes, the fulltone is nice, but what about an RMC? they are about $200 so you would save a little bit
Quote by silversoulcage

..........um no......thanks for the suggestion, but i just sold my boss ME-50 because i wanted higher quality. i'm not looking for somehtign that will just get the job done. i want something that will get it done well, and exactly the way i want it to. the line 6 stuff and the Boss MFX stuff are all great products, but when it comes to individual sound quality, they just dont cut it
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Look at them used (or even new) on the eBay or the Craigslist, since you can sometimes find good deals.

However, especially on eBay, make sure to read descriptions. I was about to purchase a wah on there, but I saw that it had sat in a guy's basement for 5 years and he did not know if it worked or not. I decided to pass, since what if he had a flood or it got dust/rat poo in it? Even though it was severely discounted (Like over half off new price) I didn't want to take that chance and waste my money.

So just make sure you are a smart buyer, and read some feedback about the seller.
Saint Louis Blues
For WAH:
Get a 535Q instead.
For a delay:
you can still get the Giga Delay, or you could get the line 6 tonecore echo park (which is REALLY cool and inexpensive, it's pretty experimental sometiems though), or the DL4 which is more expensive, cause if you get a 535Q you're saving a bunch of flows.
Last edited by tona_107 at Dec 6, 2008,
Quote by tona_107
For WAH:
Get a 535Q instead.
For a delay:
you can still get the Giga Delay, or you could get the line 6 tonecore echo park (which is REALLY cool and inexpensive, it's pretty experimental sometiems though), or the DL4 which is more expensive, cause if you get a 535Q you're saving a bunch of flows.

but he wants quality.

but, for a wah i would stick with a RMC or fulltone unless you plan on doing some mods yourself.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
but he wants quality.

but, for a wah i would stick with a RMC or fulltone unless you plan on doing some mods yourself.

What's wrong with the 535Q?
I would LOVE to know.

Maybe you should go and tell adam jones that he's a hack too for using one.
Personally, I think it's one of the most versatile AND best sounding wahs I've ever heard.
Quote by tona_107
I would LOVE to know.

Personally, I think it's one of the most versatile AND best sounding wahs I've ever heard.

i'm almost sure his is modded.....but i dont mean to argue, that would be pointless, for it is up to personal taste.
Quote by tona_107
I would LOVE to know.

ive heard the 535q, and it's a great wah, yes. but dude, have you heard a clyde?? it's freaking amazing.

anyway, i really don't know if i'm going to spend this money. i dont gig, and i may never gig. so i'm really questioning chunking out that much cash at this point.

thanks for all the suggestions!

the reason ive got my sights on the DD-20 is because of the large number of pretty trippy effects (such as warp, twist, smooth, reverse) but idk, i might just go with something alot cheaper like the Digitech Hardwire delay/looper
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I don't gig, currently, but it was worth it to get a good wah, to me. (RMC, in my case)
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
I don't gig, currently, but it was worth it to get a good wah, to me. (RMC, in my case)

those are looking pretty nifty, where the heck can i get one tho? im in south carolina, and it's lookin like the nearest dealer is about 2-3 hours away
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Skierinanutshel
i'm almost sure his is modded.....but i dont mean to argue, that would be pointless, for it is up to personal taste.

I am pretty sure it is too haha.
I didnt mean to argue if it sounded like it... sowwie.
You could get a Budda Bud-wah :s.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
You can get a Clyde McCoy wah from BYOC for $140. I mean, of course you'd have to build it, but that takes a few hours at most. They sound great too.
Quote by bored_maniac33
those are looking pretty nifty, where the heck can i get one tho? im in south carolina, and it's lookin like the nearest dealer is about 2-3 hours away

I know what you mean. The nearest dealer to me was 2 hours away, and when I was there, they didn't have any. I decided to take the plunge and buy one online without trying it first, and I don't regret my decision. But, if you go with one, you need to figure out what you want in a wah. Maybe even email Geoffry at RMC and tell him what you need out of a wah, and he can point you in the right direction. He's a very helpful guy.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I've been debating whether to take the plunge and buy an RMC Picture Wah blind, seeing as I can't find any around here to try. I think I might just go for it.

The great thing about Ireland is that even if you buy blind and don't like it, there's always somebody else looking for what you're trying to get rid of.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
That's the very wah I bought, and it's fantastic.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by The Picker
Look at them used (or even new) on the eBay or the Craigslist, since you can sometimes find good deals.

However, especially on eBay, make sure to read descriptions. I was about to purchase a wah on there, but I saw that it had sat in a guy's basement for 5 years and he did not know if it worked or not. I decided to pass, since what if he had a flood or it got dust/rat poo in it? Even though it was severely discounted (Like over half off new price) I didn't want to take that chance and waste my money.

So just make sure you are a smart buyer, and read some feedback about the seller.

Ebay rules. I bought all 3 of my amps on ebay. One new, 2 used. Saved a bundle. It's good to buy the absolute best gear you can, because you really do get what you pay for, but buy used whenever you can.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011