Well ive been playing for about a year and 4 months. i feel like i am prepared for an upgrade from my epiphone les paul special 2.

i really like playing Metallica, basically anything that would have a guitar sounding like
Kirks, as i lay dying and all that remains when i become good enough, and whenever that time comes, i want to have the good guitar.

so ive been searching and i just got my first check for 108 dollars and i will sell my les paul for 180 to my friend, and my parents will help me to buy a guitar, for around no more than 500.

i like ESP and Jackson, also schecters are nice. but i want to know what will fit my likings of music? thanks in advance.
There is an ESP idk which but its going for around 300 US on Americanmusical.com and i must say it is ****IN SWEET. Sorry for no link, but im lazy.
Kirk Hammett plays an ESP, and his signature KH202 is in your price range.
Quote by Kahn89
Kirk Hammett plays an ESP, and his signature KH202 is in your price range.

yeah but people tell me signature guitars arent the best for the price range, that was my first choice for about 1 month, still very indecisive!
Get a cheap ESP or Jackson. Maybe an Ibanez.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
no guitar will make you sound like kirk hammett it's all about your FX your amp and your playing nuances.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
you wanna sound like kirk? get yourself a wah pedal and rape the hell out of it. that is when you will have achieved hammet-ness
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
you wanna sound like kirk? get yourself a wah pedal and rape the hell out of it. that is when you will have achieved hammet-ness

i was waiting till someone said that so i can quote them. heh i meant like his riffs in battery and master. i cannot solo X_X
Any specific ones?. i know your not supposed to bump but its been around 10 hours. any more advice?
Quote by RabbidWolf

yeah, and that is why achieving hammet-ness is the worst thing anyone can do. sorry, but people should recognize it, Hammet is not a good guitarist. he sucks really if you realize he plays in a metal band...
Quote by FatalGear41
When you break a bass string, that snapping sound is the sound of six dollars going down the crapper.

Sterling Ray 35
Hartke Ha3500 head - Gallien Krueger 212MBE cab
Tech 21 VT Bass
Zoom b2
Quote by Sudaka
yeah, and that is why achieving hammet-ness is the worst thing anyone can do. sorry, but people should recognize it, Hammet is not a good guitarist. he sucks really if you realize he plays in a metal band...

So you're saying he isn't good because he plays in a metal band? Nice.

TS, I'd stay away from lower end Ibanez, like the Gio. I have it and it's meh.

I'm sure you can find a decent LTD or something? Maybe even a cheaper Jackson? Isn't there a fairly cheap Dinky model about? Maybe the King V? I'm not sure, I've played very few Jacksons.