I have an ibanez with a 5 way switch HSH I have a Dsonic installed in the bridge positon and an Air Norton on its way for the Neck. The single coil in the middle is the stock inf pickup. My question is, is this combination possible?
Neck
Neck/Bridge
Middle
Neck/Bridge
Bridge

If so how would it be wired?

Or would it be better for me to disconnect the single coil and go for:
Neck
Neck/Bridge
Neck/Bridge
Neck/Bridge
Bridge ??????

Im looking for a Petrucci type tone. Also, does anyone know how Petrucci's Air Norton is modified and how that can be done? Please someone give me some solid advice. Thanks
if you're planning to never use the middle single coil i'd take it out and get a 3 way lever switch to do the typical neck, neck/bridge,bridge switching.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Thats the thing. I'm currently using the middle pickup for a bluesy type sound. I was wondering if I could keep it in the middle position, but still get the humbucking combinations. I might end up exchanging the middle pickup later on if this is possible. Unless of course with the humbucking combinations I could get a nice bluesy clean sound. Why would I want a 3 way switch if I have a 5 way? Wouldn't the 5 way give me more combinations?
I have always wanted to see a neck/middle/bridge selection. What would it sound like????
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Quote by Petrucciowns
Why would I want a 3 way switch if I have a 5 way? Wouldn't the 5 way give me more combinations?

i was just going by the way you had it layed out

Neck
Neck/Bridge
Neck/Bridge
Neck/Bridge
Bridge

there's 3 of the same combo so i just figured a 3 way would be more practical.

an interesting 5 way switch would be something like

neck
neck split
middle
bridge split
bridge

provided you don't want to use the middle in combination with either humbucker.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
That's exactly what I want. I want full humbuckers in the 1st and 4th positions, then I want combined humbuckers, but I want to keep the single coil just for the middle position. I don't want it combined with the humbuckers I want it standalone. How would it be wired this way?