Okay, so I've had my new guitar for almost 2 months now, and recently the grounding has been dead, when I first got it there was no guitary buzz at all, now it happens all the time, and I think it's mostly because of the grounding connected to the bridge plate.

So I'm not too good with the whole technical side of guitar electronics, but the wire thingy that connects to my bridge plate, mustn't be doing it's job properly, because sometimes when I use my floyd, it stops doing anything, and my guitar begins to fuzz, but if I pull my floyd back a little, it stops, and then if I touch the wire, it stops completely...

Anyone know why it's doing this/how I could fix it... Without a soldering iron seeing as I broke mine, and I don't have any money.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
I'm touching the black wire that comes out the back and connects to the bridge plate (Or whatever you call the bit that the springs from the floyd connect to), and I'm not sure what it connects to on the other end, probably the volume pot.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Quote by Jesstaa
I'm touching the black wire that comes out the back and connects to the bridge plate (Or whatever you call the bit that the springs from the floyd connect to), and I'm not sure what it connects to on the other end, probably the volume pot.

open up the control area on the back and see if the black wire is still attached to the back of the pot.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
open up the control area on the back and see if the black wire is still attached to the back of the pot.

Will do. Now I gotta go find my screwdriver.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
Okay, it seems to be still properly attached to the pot, and everything else seems in order... But it smells kinda funky, also I lost a screw and the plate is on the front, so yay, obviousness.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
oh you people and your fancy v shaped guitars

could just be a colder solder joint or something.

maybe some kind of interference from a computer or a tv or some other something, fluorescent lighting maybe ? idk really.

is the control area shielded at all ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Lol, fancy V shapes are the best. And there shouldn't be much interference, I have my other computers monitor turned off, and there's a huge difference when it is on, could be my light, but then why would it stop when I touch the wire... The only other things around here that's active is my laptop (Which is usually closed, although there is the wireless) and my microphone.

Edit: There's a funky bit of shiny stuff on the inside of my control plate if that does anything.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo